Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vauto CA Trigger and Cycle
RE: Vauto CA Trigger and Cycle
Thanks Sleeprider.

I think you are correct about me being very sensitive to pressures and PS/EPR but I will take that to my other thread in a week or two after some more results are in.

Unless others have changed cycle sensitivity and benefited from it I think I will leave this alone.

As always I appreciate your patience and depth of knowledge.

@sheepless

I too have set my Ti Max to 3 seconds, it just feels better while trying to fall asleep.

for what is worth my Median Insp Time on the Vauto is around 1.5 - 1.7 seconds

and looking back on the data from the AutoSet For Her it is reported in OSCAR around 2.3 - 2.6.

don't know what this means, just throwing it out there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vauto CA Trigger and Cycle
I learned a lot from this thread, thanks for it! I too am using different trigger settings on SleepRider's advice.

When I was researching what machine to buy I found some discussion in the medical literature about potential hypocapnia or alkalosis resulting from backup rate in ASV machines. This is speculative, but it makes sense that since the machine's flagging doesn't distinguish between CAs due to apneic threshold, CAs due to underlying pathology, etc., that backup rate could sometimes be applied to apneic threshold CAs, thus lowering blood CO2 even further. I wonder if a similar effect could result by increasing trigger sensitivity on the VAuto. If so, it would be presumably much more muted since there's no forced breaths. It seems as though our bodies gradually adjust to the lower CO2 washout on therapy, so the dynamics of the process over time should factor in here too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 726 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,354 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.