Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
RE: [split]Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
Dave, to answer your question, I hope, here's some background.

first dx'd with moderate central apnea in 1987. no cpap offered. no other treatments were effective (various meds, O2). in retrospect, with anecdotal reports, I believe I've had apnea since childhood.

skipping over several additional useless sleep studies in the interim.

30 years and 40 pounds later, a late 2016 home sleep test produced 192 ca to 204 oa & 15h, 72.7ahi. low O2 of something like 75%. dx'd severe oa, prescribed resmed apap which reduced long term ahi to between 5-6. interesting to me, ca dropped as much as oa even though apap doesn't treat ca. 18 months of that left me still feeling lousy. after the doc's office dribbling out my files piecemeal over 3 requests, I finally learned that I'd had 24 plm/h, 20/h of which were arousals during the home test.

with AB guidance I started asv in mid 2018, purchased used from an individual, even though I probably wouldn't have passed the insurance entry thresholds for asv. ahi dropped to under 1.0. immediately felt less sick but still tired. began putting my wife's reports and audio recordings of periodic limb movement together with a distinctive pattern in the flow rate and began considering how plm affects my sleep and cpap therapy. plm turns out to be a big deal for me I think.

almost a year and half of asv, stable but not improving, so am taking a flyer on vauto, also purchased from an individual. aside from periodic breathing, I think it's getting more promising every night. at a minimum, I have to say I feel better after a week on vauto than with apap and asv. not sure I'm any less tired but I feel less beat up in the absence of the asv's rapidly changing high pressure support unsuccessfully responding to plm induced flow limitations. we'll see how that goes for a couple more weeks.

let me know if there's anything else you want to know...
Post Reply Post Reply
vauto.  11/13/19.  ps 5.4 over 7.6-13.0.  timing settings at default except Ti min = 0.8.

mper, I'll get some 2 minute shots.  let me know if there's something in particular you want to focus on.  do you still want 10 minute views?  more?  fewer?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
...2 min would be just illustrate the "waxing/waning"...just for while.....other than that, only ten-minute always
.....something from vauto in between....wrong...was it intention?
....it looks we are doing well.
.....next night: 7.6, 5.6, 13.2....

gl
Post Reply Post Reply
.....something from vauto in between....wrong...was it intention?

not sure what this is referring to.
Post Reply Post Reply
No sheepless, no more questions, and thanks for catching me up on your history.

Fair enough as well on the earlier post responding to me. I'm not telling you to do or not do on anything. It was intended as a friendly and helpful inquiry. As you've indicated, you're taking responsibility for your own actions. My ASV question was really a reminder to me as I've lost track of the history.

No ill intent nor hard feelings BTW sheepless. Hope you find success in whatever causes your sleep disturbances. No sarcasm.

Last note from me on this:

mper6794 as for the ASV and CA, in light of the answer sheepless has given, it's really a moot point now on anything with this. He chose to buy one which explains how it was obtained. End of story.

Now, as I've probably said somewhere, don't go looking to diagnose UARS-plms in everyone. If your theory helps someone that actually suffers from it, that's great. However, you're not helping yourself in sounding like you're playing the role of mad scientist. Even so, best wishes to a good afternoon.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem sheepless, you are good. Let me know when you would like me to step in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Dave
I have got the feed back an feel somewhat disapointed with myself at this moment. I would not have needed to be harsh to make my points.
Apologies if anything i have said sounded mady or ofensive. Moreover, please, give some bias on my backyard English.
Now, for all of us think about, not know about PLMS, but the cases of UARS keep impressing myself, i think i could count some one a day come in to the Forum.
All the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 05:04 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Hi, Dave ...(and Fred)...
 I have got the feed back an feel somewhat disapointed with myself at this moment. I would not have needed to be harsh to make my points.
Apologies if anything i have said sounded mady or ofensive. Moreover, please, give some bias on my backyard English.
Now, for all of us think about,  not know about PLMS, but the cases of UARS keep impressing myself, i think i could count some  one a day come in to the Forum.
All the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
bonjour, I would ask that you and everyone should please 'step in' anytime you feel you have something to say about this experiment & my therapy. it's academic to me & 2+ heads are better than one they say. since we're getting into the weeds, as Sleeprider said, it's important & useful to question & discuss theory, method & results.
Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless and mper, if I had anything worthwhile to help either of you I would bring it up. Unfortunate but I don't have that for you. Wishing you both success real soon.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 141 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 729 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.