Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
RE: [split]Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
_ i am going to update your graphs and return later.
_you may want take a look on the update of the method on my thread
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
__in my case, MB is essentially associated with sedating medication, not pressure....and you?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2019, 04:52 PM)mper6794 Wrote: Thanks.
QQ....
_ipap Max is bothering you? no. above 13.4 on apap started causing more lip leaks, more than about 15 contributed to aerophagia. with asv, higher pressures increased leaks but I was never aware of the quick ps swings up to 25cmw. only after stopping asv did I notice that I had been feeling a little beat up by the high ps above 20.
_Leakings looks ok..is that right? with relatively low pressure on vauto, leaks are as low as I've had in 3 years.
_have you ever mouth breathed like lately? it's a constant battle. as far as I know my mask never leaks. with vauto so far I'd guess much of anything over my usual median leak of 1.2 is lip leak. mostly on exhale I believe. not much inhale through the mouth I'm aware of.
_would PLMS time spacing getting higher, from 30s to some 45? I'll have to look into that. I still see my standard plm pattern and sometimes some with longer intervals but I wouldn't say that's new with vauto.  some waveforms appear different with vauto than with asv however. haven't figured that out yet.
_do you feel wakeups (bottom off) are normal? Getting higher? now higher than when I first started ripinirol for plm. maybe a hair better than before the med. probably increasing.
_ How do you feel as an average? 5 of 10?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
some meds may have tiredness as side effect but I do not intentionally take sleep aids except maybe a certain strain of cannabis concentrate that seems to lengthen time between awakenings. however, I'd say I leak more, mostly lip leaks, in deeper sleep. the few times I've found myself mouth breathing, including inhale, has been on my back awakening from deep sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless,
_considering your answers to my questions, as well as your graphs (details attached), we could move to EPAPmin: 7.6, PS 5.8, IPAPmax 13.4. Last step on this direction. Then, if it is the case, we would star move EPAPmin upward a little bit.

good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
_it may sounds a little bit strange, but trying to keep gauging your normal RR, could you please check again your BPM?
_ that because your PLMS (too many awakenings; increase RR) brings difficulties/uncertainties on estimating RR while you indeed sleeping (when true CA would come).
GL
Post Reply Post Reply
tried again, 3 times, sitting at rest, 1 minute each, average 15 bpm.

you didn't ask but I just found samsung health on my phone. it tells me heart rate 65, oxygen saturation 94%, low stress!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 07:21 PM)mper6794 Wrote: .....................
Hi, sheepless
What a pity on the card!
It looks to me nothing new on these 2-minutes strecthes, which show PLMS each 30 secs, well reflected on TV RR and Leaks as you move, everything as by the scripts. Intercalated, there are some flow reductions < 10s in general (some flat top or decreasing foreward, and even H)......
good luck

P.S: you pretty much can reproduce what happenings in your 2min-windows by layind down, tweaking your feet by 10sec, strecthing your body/ maybe groaning/moaning some times, and then relaxing. For some three nights I have audio-recorded this kind of things and following closely later on the waveforms. You can eventually try it.

Hi, sheepless,
yesterday, I did not resist, and just before go to bed, I did a rough simulation in my machine, for some 3 minutes, provoking some 10 to 15 secs tweaking, sometimes strectching and groaning/moaning, following by relax. It looks came out something which could have some analogy with your moves.......23;28;50...tweaking  and relaxing_____23;29;15....idem_____23;29;47....idem_____23;30;15...tweaking/groaning/moaning ( i think it was here)_____23;30;10...new teaking cycle.

good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
vauto.  11/16/19. ps 5.8 over 7.6-13.4.  

let me know if you want closer shots.  not a great night.  ahi 7.45, highest on vauto so far; higher than any ahi I had on asv.   45 oa, 15 ca.

much less plm pattern than usual.  hints of short light kicking episodes with longer intervals, e.g., 1m20s.  the csr-like periodic breathing punctuated by short cessations, full oa and ca runs throughout the night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless,
Sorry about your night! However, as predicted yesterday, the process is doing Very well. FL Max, flagged, has reached the minimum: 0.13.
It looks we got what It gets with PS, whose tailored number is going to be 5.4 or 5.6.
Now, let us get the best we can with EPAPmin. We are about to finish. Your ultimate numbers are Very likely to be EPAPmin 8.0/8.2 and PS 5.4.
Then, for the next night. Let us go with:
EPAPmin 7.8, PS 5.4, IPAPmax: 13,2.
I will return later with update on your graphs and more explanations.
All the best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 455 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 715 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.