Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
RE: [split]Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
no hurry or pressure from me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Might discount some concern for CAs that appear right after those massive upswings in Tidal Volume where it would not be too surprising to see CO2 washout.  

But I would for sure still track closely any traditional CSR type breathing that can not be easily explained away by other signals we are seeing just prior. 

WillSurf

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"_it looks FL was responsible for waking you up at 4;00. Take a closer look, please.."

IDK.  here's the session end screenshots, one longer, one shorter. 

I'd like to be able to identify a reason for waking but in this case it looks like the bad stuff occurred > 3.5 minutes before stopping therapy.  there are a few isolated mildly flow limited breaths in the last 2 minutes but compared to some of the nasty stuff that doesn't wake me, these few shorter breaths seem pretty benign to me.  

what do you see?

I'm starting to wonder if many of the flow limitations between plm jerks on asv have been allowed to become events with vauto.  

you may be right that I've been biased toward plm and pb but I think if I had seen significant flow limitations I would have posted screenshots.  still, I'll start looking more closely for them for future images to share.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2019, 04:41 PM)WillSleep Wrote: Might discount some concern for CAs that appear right after those massive upswings in Tidal Volume where it would not be too surprising to see CO2 washout.  

But I would for sure still track closely any traditional CSR type breathing that can not be easily explained away by other signals we are seeing just prior. 

WillSurf
Hi, Will, thanks very much for step in....it adds some comphort here.

Let us be attemptive to those periodicity styles, yet, at first,  I see constrictions more associated with slight flow redutions, particular, taking into account similar behaviors/patterns from other days/historic.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2019, 08:37 PM)sheepless Wrote: "_it looks FL was responsible for waking you up at 4;00. Take a closer look, please.."

IDK.  here's the session end screenshots, one longer, one shorter. 

I'd like to be able to identify a reason for waking but in this case it looks like the bad stuff occurred > 3.5 minutes before stopping therapy.....you are right, at 4;06 you were PLMS-driven awake/wake up...from there on, just stay quite for while up 4;10/button off .  there are a few isolated mildly flow limited breaths in the last 2 minutes but compared to some of the nasty stuff that doesn't wake me, these few shorter breaths seem pretty benign to me.  

what do you see?

I'm starting to wonder if many of the flow limitations between plm jerks on asv have been allowed to become events with vauto.  

you may be right that I've been biased toward plm and pb but I think if I had seen significant flow limitations I would have posted screenshots.....good idea, I would like to see 10min on the flagged FL, please....at some 0:00+something....00;48....1;36...2;10...3;12...I suspect some FL/long term RERA on those, disturbing your best chunk...  still, I'll start looking more closely for them for future images to share.
Post Reply Post Reply
vauto. 11/18/19.  ps 5.4 over 8 - 13.4

tried to include flagged flow limitations; maybe a few unflagged.  typical plm pattern much reduced, some episodes of longer intervals and some indications of much lighter movement.  otoh, csr-like pattern increasing.  some look like they could be plm; not sure about others.  

I have to say, I feel more alert-than-not on vauto and compared to what I remember feeling on apap and asv, even with the higher event rate than asv and the fact that I'm still tired enough to nap this afternoon (like nearly every day).  not there yet, but enough to notice.

thought we could post 5 images; today looks like limited to 3.  2 more to follow.  I'll need some additional guidance about what to take screenshots of if I'm going try to limit images to 3.

Post Reply Post Reply
2 more.

Post Reply Post Reply
mper, you asked for four FL shots from 11/17/19.  5.4 over 7.8 - 13.2

I'll post 2, then 2 more.

Post Reply Post Reply
last 2.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2019, 03:31 PM)sheepless Wrote: vauto. 11/18/19.  ps 5.4 over 8 - 13.4

tried to include flagged flow limitations; maybe a few unflagged.  typical plm pattern much reduced, some episodes of longer intervals and some indications of much lighter movement.  otoh, csr-like pattern increasing.  some look like they could be plm; not sure about others.  

I have to say, I feel more alert-than-not on vauto and compared to what I remember feeling on apap and asv, even with the higher event rate than asv and the fact that I'm still tired enough to nap this afternoon (like nearly every day).  not there yet, but enough to notice.

thought we could post 5 images; today looks like limited to 3.  2 more to follow.  I'll need some additional guidance about what to take screenshots of if I'm going try to limit images to 3.

HI, sheepless
It looks we are doing very well!
..have same impressions: this night and previous one I asked for the pictures you posted together, are indicating your PLMS are somewhat given place to FL (flagged or not)-driven awakenings. In some way this is very good, once we keep on going trying to control further improving pressures.
...for the first time I think I have started seeing sleep phases in your charts, including REM!!!!
...I did very quick interpretations on your charts (attached)...oops, that I surpassed limits and cannot ad attachments...your e-mail is somewhere in here?
...because of leakings, I would suggest parameters for next night. Is that fine for you?
all the best
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 719 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.