Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
RE: Vauto, PLM, FL & Mixed Apnea
(12-07-2019, 02:40 PM)bonjour Wrote: FYI I recently read a medical article that said CO2 manipulation (EERS) will treat People Primary Central Apnea

I'll actually believe it when I see it work, BUT it is now something to consider exploring.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi, Sheepless.

Apologies on delay for return.

Before any further opinion, I have decided to review your entire case, in particular, your past outcomes with ASV. Maybe tomorrow.

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
...from full night, nov 22th (your night with no major session interruption), could you please take some 5 10min-windows (curve template above), from prior minutes /involving arousal/awakenings strectchesn(peaks on FR)?

...from what you interpret as PB and quasi-CSR , the two screens already posted on nov 22th, would it be fine?

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless, Fred,

...meanwhile I am attaching, for all of us make points, some comparisons on scales, periodicity, and duration of events; from sheepless and two PSG-cases from these two literature.

... I might be still wrong, however my point I have already made it many times: Sheepless events of PB and CSR are misleading ones, masked by PLMS.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/nur...transducer

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...9215526159

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
.... Sheepless, one experiment: try to consciously replicate those respiration patterns of "waxing-vaning" of what you interpret as PB, CSR.. Would be possible?

Atb
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry..
.. Sheepless, one experiment: try to consciously replicate those respiration patterns of "waxing-vaning" of what you interpret as PB, CSR.. Would be possible, logic, without tweaking?

Atb
Post Reply Post Reply
..Sheepless,
take a look at this paper to have an idea would affect the heart beats, while tweaking for some  15 seconds of your PLMS

atb

https://watermark.silverchair.com/290419...YPC7Zq7noo
Post Reply Post Reply
..Sheepless, one last observation for while: What I am try to do right above is provide you with some analyses and literature, trying to put ourselves at same page on your diagnostic. If this would be possible, it would facilitate a great deal on follow up of your tretament, concerning machines and settings. No correct diagnose, no solution, I think.

atb
Post Reply Post Reply
the watermark silverchair link says timed out.

I returned to the vauto last night.  I wasn't operating the asv at optimal settings so not surprising I wasn't feeling great; just one night back on vauto but feeling much better today after a 7 hour session with no mask offs.  I think the asv algorithms may be better for me but the plm / flow limitation driven pressure support must be causing arousal issues even if I'm not aware of it.  I'm inclined to try it again (and apap too) if/as/when I can find a doc that'll work with me on stopping the plm because like you perhaps mper, I continue to lean toward concluding plm is the the root of most of my remaining issues.  I'm changing insurers in January so hoping I can get more focused help on this.   

I'll post some more screenshots from Nov 22 in a while.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hope you close in on success ASAP sheepless. Your saga is closing in on Gone With The Wind or War And Peace in size. I really do hope you get an answer to your sleep disruptions. Keep at it my NW friend.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 454 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 715 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.