Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Velcro on Airfit F10 wearing down...
Velcro on Airfit F10 wearing down...
I've been using the F10 full time for a few months now and the past few nights I have woken up with one of the top straps loose or completely off. I'm wondering if maybe the velcro is wearing down and it's just not staying on there. I was thinking of ordering some new headgear or rigging it up with something else, but before I bother I thought I'd check and see if anyone else has similar problems or if it's just a few unlucky nights. Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Velcro on Airfit F10 wearing down...
I have had my for over 7 months. I doubt if the Velcro is wearing. I have had my come off because I tightened it in the dark and my alignment was off.
If you do want a new one, try ebay.

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't had mine fail yet. But, wondered just how long it was going to last.
I think I can get one for 20% co-pay after 6 months, I will definitely do so.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wash it. It might help. Get a new one from Amazon after 3 months. They get stretched out pretty easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a quick fix used a piece of Velcro over the strap for extra holding power. I used a Velcro cable wrap and wrapped it around the strap instead of over the strap. You can cut the wrap in half if it is too bulky. I have a blanket that really likes to grab onto any exposed hooks of the Velcro.
Post Reply Post Reply
Velcro losing its vecroness is a problem with my masks. I sometimes use safety pins to pin it together, but there ought to be some better fix like some sort of clip to put over it.

Sometimes, you will find you can pick fuzz out of the loop side with a straight pin and make it work a little better.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems like a common thing for most masks...the velcro from the headgear wears out before the mask itself does (engineered obsolescence, perhaps?). My wife's Amara and Quattro Mirage, my FitLife and Quattro Air and others seem to run into the same issue.

So far, the best "velcro" I've found was on a Hans Rudolph (I've actually moved that headgear over to my FitLife).

If the mask is good, headgear is pretty cheap (if offered separately).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it happened again last night. I'm going for a replacement. Replacing the straps is $31 which I guess is a good price for medical equipment but given that it's just a piece of cloth, makes me kind of cranky.
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember you can always get some iron-on Velcro from a fabric store or online. The iron-on adhesive works well and is not bulky.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my brand new FP Flexi-fit 431 mask, and while trying on the three sizes of cushions sent, one of those Velcro tabs came right off. Called them, message machine; we will call you back, blah, blah! Email got me the phone number of their distributor, and manufacturer of mask, to talk to engineering. Right! BIG DEAL! Customer Service is just a phrase they use to get the business. Anyway, I broke out the thread I used to fix a seam on my pontoon boat seat, and a needle that in my hand was a dangerous weapon. Sewed it on; worked fine, though bloodstained. NOW I hear about iron on tabs that work great. I will find some of those tabs tomorrow, just in case. Thanks for the info; this site continues to be great.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,983 2 hours ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,966 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Haven't been able to fall asleep wearing biPAP AlgebraicMisery 1 238 02-17-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.