Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vendor whose site tracks my eligibility for new supplies under Medicare?
Vendor whose site tracks my eligibility for new supplies under Medicare?
I can never remember when I bought what.  

It's difficult for me to determine when I am eligible for new supplies under Medicare.

I'm frequently asking myself things like, ""Did I purchase this hose last January or last October? And, when can I get a replacement?"

I've been buying from Norco, but their site and company seems stuck in the 20th Century. And I'm getting tired of their spam calls and texts stating "You may be eligible for some supplies..."

Does anyone know a supplier whose site provides their customers with accurate re-ordering info... as in "Given your purchasing history from us, you should now be entitled for Medicare coverage for a new water tank for your Resmed."

I searched the forum but didn't find any discussion about this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vendor whose site tracks my eligibility for new supplies under Medicare?
I’m in SW Idaho and work through a local company (CPAP Now) and have had exceptional service. They call every 3 months to ask if I’m still using such-n-such mask and send along a ClimateLine hose, filters, cushions/pillows, headgear & water chamber (if due). They have always done right by me. I have Medicare and AARP/UHC secondary that cover everything at 100%.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't even know whether you need new supplies, then you don't need new supplies.

The next time you are eligible for a new mask (hose, tank, cushion) order one, but continue to use your existing (and still working) supplies. This way you will have a spare. Perhaps keep this up so that you two complete sets of supplies. Then when your supplies actually wear out or break, use the supplies that you now have a spare for and reorder a new one.

The medicare schedules are *not* schedules where supplies need to be replaced, they are the minimum schedules that insurance will pay for replacements. The DMEs and equipment manufactures have convinced CPAP users to throw away perfectly good supplies.

This practise is unethical, bad for the environment, and contributes to expensive supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never think about, my masks and hoses last far longer than what I could order. I just call when I need one and always several months after the time I could get it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I happen to be on Kaiser. I call Apria (using the special Kaiser ordering phone number), they tell me what I can have, and I decide whether I need what is offered. My experience with Apria has been good regarding CPAP supplies, contrary to the experiences reporter by other posters. Perhaps they treat Kaiser patients better because Kaiser has leverage as a result of being so large -- I dunno.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2021, 03:56 PM)clownbell Wrote: ...Apria has been good...

I was happy to see your write-up, because it sounded like Apria would be a good fit for my needs.

A Resmed elastic strap for nasal pillows there: https://www.apriadirect.com/cpap-headgea...it-p10-rmd is $25.

Similar items on Amazon are less than half that price: https://www.google.com/search?q=airfit+p...llow+strap

I'm all for supporting independent vendors, but I'm not sure I'll be able to justify to myself the price difference.

On the other hand, if Medicare is paying for all this, then they probably have negotiated their own price.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put a date on every piece of my CPAP machine and mask setup when it is put into service. I use a Sharpie thin line permanent marker on the softer rubber parts and even on hard plastic it lasts through weekly washing. Resmed usually includes a chart of when you can replace equipment (based on insurance). I keep one new backup for each part. I've only used a Resmed for a year and I have had one complete backup in that time. I replaced the hose at one year but keep the perfectly good old one and won't get that on the next order. I do prefer to keep two cushions ahead as NORCO by mail is a little slow and my F20 Airtouch ones usually wear out in 30 days. NORCO will give you 3 month reminders if requested.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also mark the date when I put a new part in service (except for the filters). I also try to order parts as they come due as I had a devil of a time with Medicare when I didn't order them on schedule. They kept asking me if I was still using the machine even though my compliance was 99.999%. I had to have my doctor send in a statement that said I was still using the machine. So now, when I am told I need supplies, I get supplies. I have so many cushions for my F20 mask I could almost go into business. Too-funny
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP and Medicare and yearly Rx renewal silverchief2 8 272 04-08-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 170 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 217 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 251 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 323 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 968 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.