Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vent hole / slot / Vent entry port
Vent hole / slot / Vent entry port
I inserted my filter in the dark last night as it was drying during the day. I heard a snap and found one of the pieces in the port. I have a dreamstation. Is there anything that would prevent that (i.e. a broken plastic piece) from being inhaled?  I've never seen the inside of the blower mechanism, but I would imagine if anything fell in the vent unknowingly it could be a real serious issue if there isn't a failsafe in place.

Jonathan R.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Vent hole / slot / Vent entry port
I don't think the air is sufficient to blow a piece of plastic from the machine, down/up the hose, and into you. It can't even blow up a balloon.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be more worried about it hurting the unit.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
That piece of plastic shouldn’t have broken off. Is your machine new and under warranty?
You may want to try to get a replacement.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I think he is talking about the blue filter frame.  It has two legs that are very flimsy.  A leg breaking is the main reason that I replace the washable filter.  I too, greatly doubt the machine could suck this up and blow it into your nose/mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [feedback Request] P30i vent issue biorn 14 310 04-08-2021, 04:31 AM
Last Post: biorn
  Airfit P10 vent problem deknapp1 1 206 02-24-2021, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsup [Equipment] Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head jas102543 5 561 12-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: hegel
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 46 1,690 10-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: hegel
  [Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30 Catherine101 166 16,953 09-27-2020, 09:58 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Dreamwear Gel Pillow - exhaust slot noise BoyrauchS 20 5,159 09-16-2020, 07:03 AM
Last Post: brianc18t
  Continous air out of vent nasal mask Nad402 24 845 09-09-2020, 02:33 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.