Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ventilation Decreasing Over Time
RE: Ventilation Decreasing Over Time
Resmed F20 with normal silicone. I also tried the foam version as well as F30 but F20 is my preferred.

It has a few more straps than a nasal mask and I have to tighten straps a fair bit to stop leaks but once I got it set right I have no leaks even sleeping on side, changing positions etc. Far quieter and no annoying venting like nasal masks, sometimes I wonder if it is even on.
Post Reply Post Reply
The changes in AHI over time are interesting. You have recently moved from a mostly central event profile to strongly obstructive presently. With that cluster of hypopnea you posted, be aware you may have developed a tendency for positional apnea with chin-tuck. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah might be positional. I recorded myself the one night and didnt see anything obvious though. Maybe try again with camera set up closer to better see breathing, hard to see what's going on when wearing FFM.

I'm not too worried about it though as it only happens once or twice a night, if that, and effects on sleep quality would be minor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2020, 06:18 AM)Geer1 Wrote: Resmed F20 with normal silicone. I also tried the foam version as well as F30 but F20 is my preferred.

It has a few more straps than a nasal mask and I have to tighten straps a fair bit to stop leaks but once I got it set right I have no leaks even sleeping on side, changing positions etc. Far quieter and no annoying venting like nasal masks, sometimes I wonder if it is even on.

Ah, okay.  Thanks.  

F20 with foam is the only FFM I've found that will stay sealed on my face.  But the quiet vent doesn't vent enough for me (my apnea symptoms return), and the loud vent is too loud.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just did an oximetry test last night with no CPAP. Average SPO2 was 94% which is the highest it has been since before January when I got the oximeter. In my past 6 no CPAP tests it has always ranged from 92.5% to 93.5%, usually right around 93%.

Just further proof I am not only feeling a bit better but that my body is working better too. The question is why (is it the dairy free diet? was it the anti microbial treatment?) and how do I continue to improve now.

I think CPAP still helps sleep quality although I often end up removing it in the morning for last little bit of sleep. I believe once I get health back in good shape I won't need CPAP but still not to that point yet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 143 2 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 872 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 118 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 295 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,956 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 205 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.