Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed - still sleepy with machine
Smile 
Newly diagnosed - still sleepy with machine
I am newly diagnosed with severe sleep apnea

I found this out after my fiance was worried about how I was sleeping and what really made everything come to the surface was on my way home from work crashing into a tree because I fell asleep for a moment.  

Anyway they sent me a Phillips dreamstation with the nasal mask.  

I have been using it daily but yet still can't shake the tiredness I feel throughout the day.

After lurking for a little while on this board I decided to download OSCAR and see if I could get any feedback on my results.

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newly diagnosed - still sleepy with machine
Welccome to the forum.

NOt bad, just need some subtle tweaking.

PR machines perform better when they are closer to the values that treat the apneas. so I'm suggesting two things,

setting your min to 8, an increase of one to improve your obstructive events and
reduce your Flex. Increased flex tends to increase the number of central events that occur. I don't know if you are one of those so we try \lowering your flex to see if it reduces your centrals.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 20 294 9 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 373 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.