Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Venting
Sad 
Venting
Morning All
After being on cpap for 4+years I still sometimes rip it off. Don't know why I'm very comfortable with my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Venting
You're not alone. Some nights I only get a few hours and wake up with the mask on the floor. I think it's mainly due to leaks in my case, or sometimes the straps being too tight and causing discomfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Never happens to me, but the good news is you're sleeping very soundly not to be aware of when you remove it. If it really bothers you, add another strap to make removal a little harder and disable the auto-off function. That would likely wake you so you're aware of trying to remove the mask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2016, 09:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Never happens to me, but the good news is you're sleeping very soundly not to be aware of when you remove it. If it really bothers you, add another strap to make removal a little harder and disable the auto-off function. That would likely wake you so you're aware of trying to remove the mask.

Or put a lock on the straps lol :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 32 12,490 07-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: snorin2
  Mask venting air flow over eyes all night long dawoodsman 11 7,977 01-05-2022, 12:20 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study Venting sleepyLottie 9 1,133 12-07-2021, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?) The Latinist 4 810 11-10-2021, 07:38 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  P10 Venting - has anyone fixed theirs? Hydrangea 4 1,075 02-11-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Which data point indicates that air is venting out? Hydrangea 6 1,090 11-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Just venting. JamesW 10 1,921 03-20-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.