Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Venting
RE: Venting
it took me a good 6 months to start seeing changes in sleeping patterns and now at almost 1 yr, I am actually beginning to feel better. There was an initial feelbetter that just wasnt quite good enough for a long time. If fast respiration while sleeping is indicative of REM, then when I first began I would have one or two of these a night, now I have three or four most nights. My body went for a long time (all or most of my life, i think) without proper sleep. Fixing that is not a fast thing at nearly 60.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Oct 23 will be a year on CPAP for me. Compared to getting up every hour pre CPAP days and only sleeping a couple hours a night, I don't have much to complain about. The headaches went away almost immediately.

There are many nights I don't get out of bed, but I still wake up for one reason or another. Usually I have pain in my left hip and shoulders and that wakes me up. I just lay there and think, ok, I have to turn over. Then I try to remember if I had a dream, and yes I find I am dreaming more, and wonder if that wakes me up too. Can't remember what the dreams are about, but at least I can fall back to sleep pretty fast.

My AHI is normally <1, and if I see it go higher, I pull my SD card and look at the data. I usually find that Clear Airways send my AHI higher.

I'm sure I've had SA for many years before being diagnosed.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go back to your sleep doctor or your regular doctor and report that you feel as bad as you did before you started Cpap. Make them do more investigating for finding another cause of your issues. I have multiple causes. I went from 2 naps a day to only a nap once a week. I'm back to a daily nap. In my case, I KNOW the problem is not ENOUGH sleep and most of it is due to Restless Leg Syndrome. I have an increase in allergies as well - had to bump up my lower pressure to accommodate this (had to add a brief ramp as well).

If what you are doing is not working, you have to assume that there is another cause to investigate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2015, 06:47 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I'm sure I've had SA for many years before being diagnosed.

I'm sure I did too, I've always been a big snorer. When my wife bought ear plugs so she could sleep that kind of pushed me to the point where I decided to go get checked out, and no surprise I had SA. But I've probably had it for 20 years...
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2015, 07:28 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Also consider setting for CPAP on a fixed pressure barely above your 95% result. Some people find that APAP is not as tolerable as CPAP. Pressure increases that APAP cause can be disturbing and the wider the range of increases, the more the disturbance.

Is there an easy way (with SleepyHead) to find the 95% result? I see a "90% pressure" in the Statistics section but only see 95% on the daily stats.

My doctor originally prescribed a fixed pressure of 12 and the 90% pressure stat shows 12.1 for the last 30 days. I changed to fixed pressure of 12 two nights ago and yesterday I felt a little better than I have been, so far today I'm feeling OK too.

Maybe I'm one of those people that's sensitive to the pressure changes. Dont-know

I'm going to leave it like this for at least a week and see if I keep feeling this way.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed call it 95th percentile, Respironcis 90th percentile
It does not mean pressure was at this number for 95% or 90% of the time but rather,
pressure was at or below this number for 95% or 90% of the time, don't disregard the "below" part
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been 5 days that I've been using fixed pressure instead of variable and I'm feeling better. I'm not having issues with my eyes getting heavy in the afternoon and I believe I'm sleeping better than I was. My AHI is still higher than it should be (2.31 for the last 5 days) and I'm back to taking the mask off while I'm sleeping, I wake up after a few hours and put it back on. One step forward, 2 steps back...

surferdude2 had mentioned something about remembering dreams, I have been trying to but have not remembered any at all
Post Reply Post Reply
Not remembering dreams doesn't mean you aren't dreaming.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2015, 07:28 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: A test of sleep quality for some people is whether they dream or not. It's not important to remember exactly what you dream about but just that you do dream. That certainly works for me.

Dude

Yeah, That's what I said. Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
Right, got that. This morning I woke up and remembered a small part of a dream so that's working.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 33 12,938 04-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeytime
  Mask venting air flow over eyes all night long dawoodsman 11 8,039 01-05-2022, 12:20 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study Venting sleepyLottie 9 1,166 12-07-2021, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?) The Latinist 4 825 11-10-2021, 07:38 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  P10 Venting - has anyone fixed theirs? Hydrangea 4 1,092 02-11-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Which data point indicates that air is venting out? Hydrangea 6 1,118 11-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Just venting. JamesW 10 1,971 03-20-2018, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.