Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events]
Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events]
Hi All,   

To say I am frustrated at this point is a understatement. 

My machines ( Resmed Airsense 10 Auto CPAP) seems to be addressing my OSA, but I am still having issues w centrals, 

Below some examples of last night. 

Question :  is it time to look into a ASV machine ?  as I am always tiered ! 

[Image: ZGhUBFKl.png]
[Image: p6kiTGbl.png]

[Image: Y1MG0Ngl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise
Short answer is no to ASV.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla, but why all these apneas?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not an expert but it if you look at the pattern just before your CA, the big spike from my understanding is you taking a big breath (like a sigh) and then it is normal to have a pause in your breathing, or the spike is you moving with a big breath at the same time.

When it gets to be more of a worry is when you see 30 to 40 seconds of no breathing.  Again, I haven't been at this long enough but that is what I've picked up.
Post Reply Post Reply
BlueJay22, Don't become obsessed over a few Clear Apneas. Sleeprider gave you good pressures and they're working fine.

Also try and stick to one thread. It helps track your history for advice.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Almost everyone will have clear airway events as scored by these machines. Some have fewer, some have more. There is no way to know for sure if these are truly central apnea without a full PSG lab sleep test. Even if these are true central apnea, they are so few that an ASV machine would not be prescribed, they are still in the realm of the rate for the healthy population.

If you are still tired, these are not the reason. It could be that your mind and body need more time to adjust to the therapy and repair. Or it could be that something else is going on in addition to the sleep apnea. Thyroid, testosterone, Vitamin D are among the many possibilities.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events]
Your AHI is low and the events are not likely harming your sleep very much.  I have exactly the same kind of events when I increase pressure support.  A big sigh, then a CA and resume breathing.  I am unaware of the events until looking at Sleepyhead, but I do like to minimize that.  You can drop back EPR a bit, or just hang with it.  In time these will diminish as you become increasingly accustomed to the new settings.  Best bet is do nothing for now.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 334 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 264 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 807 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 175 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 300 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.