Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very Frustrated w Results
RE: Very Frustrated w Results
(09-19-2017, 07:43 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Something else could be going on to cause fatigue. I crash in mid-afternoon; it's from hypoglycemia (per a fasting blood sugar test). A little sit for tea-time fixes the problem. The doc also randomly checked my Vit D level; it didn't even register. Since I no longer eat fortified cereals, drink fortified milk, or live in a sunshine state, this probably should not be a surprise. I perked up a bit once I got the D straightened out.

So many things can cause fatigue: allergies, food intolerances, boredom, over-commitments, low-grade viruses, too much sitting...

In the same way that docs don't think to test for sleep apnea, many other items are off the radar as well.

Plus, every body is different.

What I'm saying is that fatigue may have a constellation of causes and remedies, and apnea may be only part of the picture.

Hang in there...

That.  Exactly.  Vitamin D was a problem for me too.  Supplementing helped my sleep a lot.  Low T might be another factor.  There are a multitude of things that can cause these symptoms.  You have to keep looking, keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider - can you please elaborate by what you mean w Fragmentation? 

thanks in advance for your help 
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2017, 06:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think I would just set pressure at 9 and leave it at that. Fragmentation is why you're not feeling rested.  Higher pressures don't seem to be addressing any real events, and you often break therapy when pressure crosses the 9.5 threshold.  Why bother; just keep pressure lower.  CPAP or Autoset with EPR at 2, minimum 9 maximum 9.

(09-20-2017, 08:13 AM)BlueJay22 Wrote: Hi Sleeprider - can you please elaborate by what you mean w Fragmentation? 

thanks in advance for your help 

Your sleep is fragmented into multiple sessions, meaning you are turning off the machine several times per night. In most cases these appear to be brief breaks where you might be going to the bathroom, but in other charts there are long breaks between sessions.  When sleep is broken into multiple sessions or fragmented, your rest is interrupted.  What stands out is that your  are starting each session using ramp pressure starting at 8/6 and increasing to 11/9 to 16/14. You seem to do pretty good at 11/9 minimum pressure, but all of your events and therapy breaks appear to occur when CPAP pressure increases.  I think your pressure range is too high, and your sleep disruption got worse when you changed EPR from 2 to 3.

I was not very clear, but I think you should set minimum pressure at 9.0 and maximum pressure at 11.0.  With EPR at 2, your pressure range will be 9/7 to 11/9.  You should not need the ramp if you use these settings, but your choice.  I think it is the higher pressure that is disturbing your sleep, triggering CA event associated with disrupted/fragmented sleep and is the culprit behind your continued fatigue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi Gary - I have been on CPAP since April
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback - I will try
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 258 Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 507 Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 12 327 04-20-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,507 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,588 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 2,001 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 176 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.