Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very High Leak Rate
RE: Very High Leak Rate
Its so great to know we are not alone Smile
I've been wanting to try the dreamwear!! What do you think of it?
I tried the Swift Bella because it loops around my ears instead of headgear, but I think I would love the hose coming out the back like the Dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2017, 03:28 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Another convert to cult membership.   Big Grin    Big Grin

Resistance is Futile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2017, 03:33 PM)Grmato10 Wrote: Its so great to know we are not alone Smile
I've been wanting to try the dreamwear!! What do you think of it?
I tried the Swift Bella because it loops around my ears instead of headgear, but I think I would love the hose coming out the back like the Dreamwear.

I can only compare the Dreamwear to the the Brevida.

Brevida:
Quiet! Used the XS/S pillow and it fits well. Thought I might need the M/L pillow (supplied with my mask) but testing it felt loose.
No problems sleeping on side or back.
NO MORE DRY MOUTH!! Got a brand new box of Xylimelts that may never be used.

Cons:
hose management, typical of hose connected to the front of mask.
on occasion the mask "feels like" its slipping down my upper lip. I say 'feels like' because in fact, it is not.
increased humidifier to keep nasal passages from drying out.
nose around my nostrils started getting red. Used some lotion in the morning and afternoon (but not at night) and it was good in a couple days. Has yet to resurface.

Dreamwear
It seems like I tend to get mouth leaks more with this mask. Seems like, still too early to tell as I only used it over the weekend.
no diffuser at mask vent so will blow at your bed partner. Vent at swivel at top of head is weird. I don't have a headboard instead there are curtains. Was weird seeing the curtains move when I know the window is shut.
hose at top of head is a PLUS! makes switching sides to sleep much easier.

both masks are comfortable. I can wear my glasses with either mask. I like them both.
I paid out of pocket for the Brevida (fighting the DME for the Dreamwear and really needed something as the FFM was NOT working) but I intend to keep it.

at this point, I cannot say which mask I like more. They are both great.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the review of both; great information to take into account!
Post Reply Post Reply
Dryness where?  Mouth or nose?

I switched to pillows (P10s) a month ago, and have had some random daytime throat pain since then. I've wondered if it's connected. I need to switch back to DreamWear, to see if it goes away or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-11-2017, 02:08 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Dryness where?  Mouth or nose?

I switched to pillows (P10s) a month ago, and have had some random daytime throat pain since then. I've wondered if it's connected. I need to switch back to DreamWear, to see if it goes away or not.

Try a chin strap or soft cervical collar.  Likely you are opening your mouth occasionally...
Post Reply Post Reply
Even though it's throat pain rather than dry mouth? And even though I don't have this problem with DreamWear?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmmm, well if you don't ever get it with the Dreamwear I'm not sure. But yeah, if your mouth is opening up you could get a sore throat from air rushing past.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all

Have been following this thread to glean knowledge/support from all you guys. I am really impressed Grmato10 with your investigations into the use of the various equipment and the speed with which you are getting service.

I live in the UK and have been diagnosed under the NHS. It is excruciatingly slow and almost inaccessible in terms of help. I have tried telephoning-line is always engaged, emailing to a general address and also a more specific address-no reply. I have resorted to turning up at the sleep centre un-announced-whilst I was seen once, I was not entertained the second time around. So in effect I am freewheeling in this new Apnea time of my life.

Reading on this forum is a lifeline.

I am about to collect my cervical collar from the post office and will get a fitting for a P10 on Monday-all info gained on this site, so big thank you guys. My ffm leaks like a sieve. My pressure at 16.8 is feeling like sleeping with my face in a tornado. I was told by the Tech at Guys Hospital I have REM apnea. I will download data from my SD card later and would appreciate if the experts here could have me unravel my apnea mystery.

With 45 minutes ramp time and stopping every hour I reckon I am not sleeping for half the night and then crashing out due to severe exhaustion for another 2 hours or so. At times it is all too much at which point I rip the mask off and have another 2 hours non mask sleep and wake with a slight headache.

So my days are a blur.

I am contemplating making a big case for changing my CPAP machine to an APAP. But it will be a struggle with the NHS.

I need to read and learn more before then. Problem is I do not who to make the case to, as my consultations after the first appointment was with 2 technicians and I do not know if they have the authority. But in any case, I need to be more knowledgeable about my condition.

Please help................
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It took me 2 months to get use to cpap, you will be able to titrate your machine to best suit you. I run an auto from 15-20cm. I don't even know if it's on when I wake up now, you really do get use to it. I only had one rule, always use the cpap, no taking it off and going back to sleep. put it on while you watch TV to get use to it.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 232 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.