Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance
How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance
Dear Forum
I have had my ResMed 10 Auto Sense for 7 days, and was delighted after my first 2h session to experience, the next day, none of the episodes of daytime drowsiness that drove me to seek diagnosis in the first place. Untreated I have 46 events/h and oxygenation of >=85%. But my compliance is terrible so far. I am unable to fall asleep under the nasal max (I use mouth tape as well.) My best record is 3 1/2h, more common are < 2h.
I discovered yesterday that split sessions, e.g. 1.5 h in the afternoon followed by 3h that evening are summed in the report sent by modem. In OSCAR or SleepyHead the two separate sessions are shown in the detail graph but again summed in the summary.
If I can't manage to sleep under the mask, I hope to use split, more tolerable, sessions to vouch for the needed compliance. Will they know the difference?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance
All they look for is a total of 4+ hours of using the machine per day. It doesn't matter to Insurance if it's split, and doubtful they would know or care.

A ResMed day is counted from noon to noon. Hours slept in the morning up to noon are reported with the previous night. Hours slept after noon are tallied in the evening to come.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had compliance timeframe sessions that were 2 hours on mask then mask off. With a second 2 hours on mask later. No issues. As long as it's 4 hours per 24 hour day for 21 of 30 days. As was noted, typically machines count 24 hour days from noon to next day's noon.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks to you both for your reassuring and astonishingly prompt! 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 3 65 1 hour ago
Last Post: eok361
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 115 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  One machine says I'm treated, another suggests I'm not shawsg 5 224 03-10-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 313 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 568 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 310 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [split]Innisfree - Therapy Thread Innisfree 1 262 01-09-2024, 07:56 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.