Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very Low AHI but waking up at same time every night
Very Low AHI but waking up at same time every night
Hello,

I have been using VAuto for a few weeks and all seems to be going well. Aerophagia still occurring at Min EPAP=7 PS=6 with FFM. AHI is like 0.6 usually. I wake up every night after 3 or so hours of sleep feeling bloated and go back to sleep immediately after checking stats on machine. I sleep on my left side and have condensation that I need to wipe off my mouth when I wake up during this time. After I go back to sleep and wake up in the morning no condensation is present. I was wondering first of all if Aerophagia can cause arousal/awakening. If it can't then thats something I'm willing to put up with for lower AHI. If it can't I was wondering if anyone could point me to a possible cause of awakening at the same time every night and if the condensation has anything to do with it. This awakening isn't present off of xPAP and I don't need to get up and urinate. Thanks for any input.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very Low AHI but waking up at same time every night
Post you Oscar charts maybe we can see something.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I experience similar regular wake ups. I believe mine are caused by mask and/or mouth leaks and not so much events. I suppose any event can affect your sleep to the point of an arousal.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night's oscar data prior to me waking up. Also attached is a weird fluctuation followed by a leak (fluctuation caused leak not the other way around). Are there any abnormalities in the wake up photo that would cause me to wake up? Also, this fluctuation behavior in my breathing is somewhat common during my sleep and looks concerning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 7 92 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 858 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 182 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 115 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 108 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 322 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.