Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed s9 motor has exceeded life
Resmed s9 motor has exceeded life
I have a resmed s9 that I have been using for over 10 years.  I have not seen a Dr since before I received the machine.  I walked out of the last sleep session because I could not get anyones attention to come in and let me try a different mask.  A month later I got a call from an equipment provider that CPAP was ready.  It was 0 cost to me so i got it and used it about 7 months before it was stolen (in a suitcase).  The RX was still good so I bought a new machine on Ebay for 1/3 the cost of the first one.  Drs and techs really markup the prices.  I set it up using guides on the Internet including this board.  No problems for 10+ years.  My AHI ranges from .5 to 3.9.  Now the S9 displays a screen the says the motor has exceeded it life.  Still works but I am heeding the warning.

So I am trying to find out how hard it is to get a new RX from a new Dr without doing a sleep session.  All of the "Drs" that come up when I search my medical insurance web site are actually sleep centers with no named Dr.  I guess I dont mind having a Dr look at the memory card from my machine but I dont want to get stuck with a sleep session or pay the high markup they charge for the equipment.

So I am has anyone else been in my situation.  No current Dr but needs a new RX.  Looking for an easy way.

Thanks
Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed s9 motor has exceeded life
If your script hasn't expired, just use it to get a replacement.

If it's expired, then the next easiest route for you is to talk with your primary care doctor. They should be familiar with your PAP usage and that it's been medically necessary. Ask for a script for the newer model. If your S9 was CPAP or APAP, then either the ResMed AirSense 10 or 11 AutoSet will be your target. If your old 9 was a BPAP, I think right now your target is the ResMed 10 AirCurve VAuto.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,111 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,899 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,356 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 274 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,259 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.