Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and DreamWear
Humidifier: AirSense
CPAP Pressure: 6-18
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Surprised Very Odd Problem
Hi guys, I've developed an odd problem and want to know what others think or if they have experienced it...I can talk properly and breathe through my mouth - with my nasel mask on! When I first got it, there was no way I could do that but now.....it's bizarre! I will say that I only noticed this a couple of days ago, but have been feeling like I did before the cpap, tired all day, feel like I haven't slept. I thought the machine was faulty, so took it back to supplier, the tested it, working fine. Think I need another sleep study. Wish I could have purchased the auto machine, but my sleep study doctors only recommend fixed. Not happy at all. Any ideas - suggestions?:Dont-know
03-07-2012 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
tombarelybreathing Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: S9
CPAP Pressure: 6 to 12
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Very Odd Problem
HELLO,

I've had a similar change in my ability to speak even with my mask on whereas before it would have been impossible. I don't find myself tired or feeling worse because of it.
I think that my throat muscles have adjusted to the pressure and ( I don't know how to describe it) close up the upper part so that air doesn't escape out my mouth.

I think that it's like gargling mouthwash...you close your throat so you don't swallow the mouthwash when it's at the back of your throat...similar process with the cpap.

tombarelybreathing

anything worth doing is worth doing well...sleeping included...sleep well friends Smile
03-07-2012 11:55 AM
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

Sex: Male

(03-07-2012 07:40 AM)weeble Wrote:  ..... but have been feeling like I did before the cpap, tired all day, feel like I haven't slept. I thought the machine was faulty, so took it back to supplier, the tested it, working fine. Think I need another sleep study. Wish I could have purchased the auto machine, but my sleep study doctors only recommend fixed. Not happy at all. Any ideas - suggestions?:Dont-know

Sounds like you need a chin strap to keep your mouth closed during the night.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-07-2012 05:08 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
weeble Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense Autoset For Her S10
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and DreamWear
Humidifier: AirSense
CPAP Pressure: 6-18
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

No, I am not breathing through my mouth when asleep - not showing any leaks at all so a chin strap isn't the answer. Baffling, but anyway thanks for the replies
03-07-2012 07:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Problem with DreamWear Mask Judy1843 5 285 11-30-2016 04:03 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,297 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  Totally Confused by Airsense 10 Data - Centrals - Problem machine... ? mymontreal 20 1,001 11-20-2016 08:07 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem Reuven Gruber 6 298 11-16-2016 04:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 16 3,251 11-12-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
Gross RERA Problem SideSleeper 24 1,018 11-02-2016 04:11 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Pressure] Problem exhaling unofon 18 844 10-24-2016 02:55 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb