Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very Odd Problem
Surprised 
Very Odd Problem
Hi guys, I've developed an odd problem and want to know what others think or if they have experienced it...I can talk properly and breathe through my mouth - with my nasel mask on! When I first got it, there was no way I could do that but now.....it's bizarre! I will say that I only noticed this a couple of days ago, but have been feeling like I did before the cpap, tired all day, feel like I haven't slept. I thought the machine was faulty, so took it back to supplier, the tested it, working fine. Think I need another sleep study. Wish I could have purchased the auto machine, but my sleep study doctors only recommend fixed. Not happy at all. Any ideas - suggestions?:Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very Odd Problem
HELLO,

I've had a similar change in my ability to speak even with my mask on whereas before it would have been impossible. I don't find myself tired or feeling worse because of it.
I think that my throat muscles have adjusted to the pressure and ( I don't know how to describe it) close up the upper part so that air doesn't escape out my mouth.

I think that it's like gargling mouthwash...you close your throat so you don't swallow the mouthwash when it's at the back of your throat...similar process with the cpap.

tombarelybreathing

anything worth doing is worth doing well...sleeping included...sleep well friends Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2012, 07:40 AM)weeble Wrote: ..... but have been feeling like I did before the cpap, tired all day, feel like I haven't slept. I thought the machine was faulty, so took it back to supplier, the tested it, working fine. Think I need another sleep study. Wish I could have purchased the auto machine, but my sleep study doctors only recommend fixed. Not happy at all. Any ideas - suggestions?:Dont-know

Sounds like you need a chin strap to keep your mouth closed during the night.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I am not breathing through my mouth when asleep - not showing any leaks at all so a chin strap isn't the answer. Baffling, but anyway thanks for the replies
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.