Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very frustrating scenario, any ideas?
RE: Very frustrating scenario, any ideas?
(08-05-2014, 04:06 PM)vig1116 Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 03:59 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 03:17 PM)vig1116 Wrote: I just thought of a big piece of info i left out. I think i open my mouth while at home, but didn't on vaca. I wake up during the night with my mouth so dry its stuck together. What would cause me to do this at home, but not on vaca?
Chinstrap
Have you checked leak rate, home vs away from home?

Leakrate was pretty much the same. I def need to get a chin strap, just curious why i didn't need one on vaca, mouth never opened...
How about your nose, the more your nose get congested, the more you,ll breathe through your mouth
Post Reply Post Reply
nope, no congestion in a while...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2014, 03:01 PM)justMongo Wrote: -- let's say you really dislike where you live (like if you lived in Oregon.)

Ummm, What was that???

(08-05-2014, 03:17 PM)vig1116 Wrote: I just thought of a big piece of info i left out. I think i open my mouth while at home, but didn't on vaca. I wake up during the night with my mouth so dry its stuck together. What would cause me to do this at home, but not on vaca?

(08-05-2014, 05:39 PM)vig1116 Wrote: slept on the same side of bed and position as home. My wife didn't notice any leak noise on vaca as she hears when home..

I think it's probably a number of things relating to your environment. Room temp, humidity of course, but also possibly a very real difference in your mattress and sleeping position. You must feel you're comfortable with your home mattress, but perhaps your body doesn't agree all that much.

Then too, it could just be the dog laying on your head all night.
Post Reply Post Reply
retired_guy, i hope you're wrong!!! we just spent $3500 on this mattress less than a yr ago!!! If it's the mattress, i guess ill live with no sleep..... lmao
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2014, 03:59 PM)zonk Wrote:
Chinstrap

Leakrate was pretty much the same. I def need to get a chin strap, just curious why i didn't need one on vaca, mouth never opened...

If you are waking up with your mouth very dry at home, it sounds to me like you are getting significant mouth leaks and if you did not on vacation that would explain the difference. It also says that you might want to try a chin strap or a full face mask. Try the chin strap first.

Best regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2014, 07:15 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 03:59 PM)zonk Wrote: Chinstrap

If you are waking up with your mouth very dry at home, it sounds to me like you are getting significant mouth leaks and if you did not on vacation that would explain the difference. It also says that you might want to try a chin strap or a full face mask. Try the chin strap first.

Best regards,

PaytonA

i agree! but why no mouth leaks on vaca and at home significant? What am i missing?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2014, 06:38 PM)vig1116 Wrote: nope, no congestion in a while...

You could have congestion after you mask up or asleep
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2014, 07:26 PM)vig1116 Wrote: i agree! but why no mouth leaks on vaca and at home significant? What am i missing?
Numbers don,t usually tell the whole story, compare leak graphs, short spikes in the graph and non at other times, may indicate some mouth leaks

Sometimes, not everything can be explained in numbers, keep an eye for aliens, known to cause mischief
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you should lower your temperature settings and nudge your humidity "up" a bit. That might help. Make you feel more like you are sleeping in an air conditioned vacation room. Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
last night was worst night yet. Couldn't get the fx to seal right and was up all night. I hat the temp at 70 and humidity at 4.0. I know that wasn't the reason, but just couldn't get a seal... can i go back to isle of palms to live??????? lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 175 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 609 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Frustrating new sleep patterns - the good and the bad rebean 2 624 09-09-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: brmage
Angry Ideas on how to reduce events, ahi 3k9BAO 3 518 06-08-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Wife's Crazy Sleeping Heart Rate, Ideas? Apnea23 11 1,181 04-14-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: pwnorris
  [CPAP] 3 years of low AHI and still tired. Any ideas? Lexie 2 1,853 12-24-2022, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Lexie
  c collar ideas? Uzupan 0 360 10-09-2022, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.