Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very high heart rate - what could this be?
Very high heart rate - what could this be?
Hello, I have severe symptoms of fatigue etc. - you know the list. I have done a sleep study (Watchpat) which is being analyzed and will be explained to me in a couple of weeks. 

In the meantime, I am also recording O2 and heart rates at night independently. I strongly believe in taking ownership over your own health and I know that you guys have accumulated a lot of knowledge over the years about sleep apnea, UARS and the such. 

I would like to show you these charts: one is of a nice night (I used pillows to keep my head up at night), the other one is a bad night. You can see the difference in the heart rate. 

Do you recognize these patterns from your own experience? (attached)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very high heart rate - what could this be?
Permit me a few observations about pulse-ox systems. One, sensor motion produces artifacts that may be recorded as drop-outs (low values) and wonky pulse rates. And two, you may wish to ask your doctor about a 7-day or 14-day Zio patch recorder -- about the size of a large Band-Aid -- to capture heart transient arrhythmias including PACs and PVCs which can produce wonky pulse readings. Along with checking your thyroid and blood-oxygen-carrying capabilities both of which may be associated with fatigue.

As far as I can see, your two records appear to be grossly normal and similar to what I normally see. Do you have any symptoms like chest pressure, pounding heart, or other physical manifestations?

Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.