Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very large leak rates
RE: Very large leak rates
(08-09-2019, 12:40 PM)Melman Wrote: That's good news.  If you were prescribed a fixed pressure they will probably set it at that fixed pressure. You may benefit from the autoset  function in which the machine which adjusts the pressure to meet your needs. Your DME will not tell you but you can change pressure settings yourself. We can help you with that. We will want to see how you do with the new machine first. I see from your profile that you have OSCAR. After your first night with the new machine I suggest you post a daily chart formatted and organized as described in the links below.

Also, if you have a copy of your sleep study please post it. If you do not have a copy you should be able to get one from the Dr. or clinic that performed it. In the meantime, please give us as much information as you recall.

Awesome. Will do. Thanks so much. You guys are awesome!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2019, 12:40 PM)Melman Wrote: That's good news.  If you were prescribed a fixed pressure they will probably set it at that fixed pressure. You may benefit from the autoset  function in which the machine which adjusts the pressure to meet your needs. Your DME will not tell you but you can change pressure settings yourself. We can help you with that. We will want to see how you do with the new machine first. I see from your profile that you have OSCAR. After your first night with the new machine I suggest you post a daily chart formatted and organized as described in the links below.

Also, if you have a copy of your sleep study please post it. If you do not have a copy you should be able to get one from the Dr. or clinic that performed it. In the meantime, please give us as much information as you recall.

So my DME sent me an email invite to MyAir, through which I believe they and the Dr. can view my therapy and make adjustments if needed. Should I not accept their invitation and sign up on my own, without linking to them, so that I can change settings if needed without them knowing? I assume they would not be happy with me changing settings on my own, correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think they get the data anyway. Subscribing to MyAir just allows you to see a daily report with minimal information. Is insurance paying for your machine? If so they will want access to the data to show you are using it at least 4 hrs a night for, as I recall, 28 days a month, for the first few months. That's probably all they pay attention to. Some doctors focus on the data but from my experience and many comments on the forum, most aren't interested. Mine has never asked about data . When I offered to bring my SD card to an appointment I was told they didn't have software to read it. From posts on the forum I think only a few have had setting changes reversed by their DME. If you make a change and run into objections we can help you make a case for your dr. to prescribe the change.

Do you know what the pressure settings for the new machine are?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 294 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 337 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 232 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,259 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 277 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 10 410 03-29-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 199 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.