Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very little apnea, but getting lots of snores
Very little apnea, but getting lots of snores
I have a RemStar Auto with A-Flex, that's been doing a fine job keeping my apneas down. My AHI is always less than 1 and usually less than 0.5, which is a nice drop from more than 50 without the machine, however I pretty much always see between 10 and 40 "VS1" and "VS2" snores.

For some reason they seem to alternate. Sometimes I'll get 10 VS1s and 30 VS2s, the next night it might be reversed.

Does anybody know the difference between VS1 and VS2?

Are the snores something that my doc can/should fix? (change pressure/something else?)

Thanks!

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Very little apnea, but getting lots of snores
These auto machinse respond to snoring because it is an indication of impending flow limitation.
My ResMed raises pressure when I get a cluster of snoring. It not only keeps my AHI in a good range; it suppresses most snoring.
As for VS1 and VS2, those a specific to Respironics snore scoring algorithm. (actually the names were coined by JediMark who wrote SleepyHead.)

Some Respironics xpert will likely know the difference.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 10:59 AM)justMongo Wrote: These auto machinse respond to snoring because it is an indication of impending flow limitation.
My ResMed raises pressure when I get a cluster of snoring. It not only keeps my AHI in a good range; it suppresses most snoring.
As for VS1 and VS2, those a specific to Respironics snore scoring algorithm. (actually the names were coined by JediMark who wrote SleepyHead.)

Some Respironics xpert will likely know the difference.

Thanks!

I'll ask my doc next time I'm in. It doesn't seem to be a problem much, but Ideally, I'd like to both continue breathing, and not snore. 8-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 10:39 AM)tcarmen Wrote: Does anybody know the difference between VS1 and VS2?
See Robysue replies: post # 451 and post # 454 - page 46
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rk?page=46

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 01:55 PM)zonk Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 10:39 AM)tcarmen Wrote: Does anybody know the difference between VS1 and VS2?
See Robysue replies: post # 451 and post # 454 - page 46
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rk?page=46

That's a very informative article that says "not sure". 8-)

I guess about all I can say for certain is that I'm still snoring (probably), so I'll bug the doc about it a little when I go in next. 8-)

Thanks,

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Bilevel and lots of CAs Thorne88 2 72 2 hours ago
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 619 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Lots of Ufs on Oscar sprinter 3 358 12-23-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 569 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Lots of sleep but still dead tired Markus11 23 1,956 11-11-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Markus11
  [Treatment] interpreting data: curious wakeup followed by lots of apneas doodat 12 1,162 11-04-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: doodat
  Lots of Clearway apneas JohnnySims3011 5 702 10-31-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.