Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation
RE: ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation
My apologies for providing incorrect information.  When I contacted Viatom/Wellue tech support on July 12th, about version 2.65 not creating the binary files, they informed me that v2.63 was for North America and v2.64 was for the European market. They then provided the download links to each file.   It seems that someone figured that it is less work to maintain one version for all markets.  Based off that theory, I have unknowingly provided dated information.

If your data is 2x the size of your PC file, then they have resorted to double reporting each value, again.  

I briefly loaded v2.72 to see how it preforms.  The first thing it did was to add all new data files to the ViHealth directory with the prefix of my device, "SleepU_", in this case.  I didn't bother to look at the new data, though.  After reading your post, I wish I had.  I have since deleted v2.72 and reinstalled v2.63.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation
I'm running ViHealth 2.74.15 on Android 11 in Europe. Can someone please provide exact instructions permitting me to integrate O2 Ring data into Oscar. I'm  a simple non/technical user and would appreciate a carefully spelled out step-by-step procedure. In addition, can someone from the Forum contact Wellue and ask them if they can provide an automatic downloading of the O2 Ring data to Oscar at the same time as the data downloads to the ViHealth app? This would be a great benefit to CPAP users.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dreamseeker!  -  Welcome
The ViHealth app stores the recorded sessions primarily in a SQL database.  It only creates the binary we need to import into OSCAR when you view that session's data graphs on your phone.  The other option is to extract the data from the database manually.  

The location of the ViHealth's data seems to change each time they release a new version of their app.  It is almost like they reinvent the wheel with each release.  Currently, I believe the database can be found in the "\Phone\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\files\ViHealth" directory.  The binary files will be located one level up, in the "\Phone\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\files" directory.

The most basic way to obtain the binary files is to import the oximeter's data into your phone, which I assume you are currently doing.  View the graphs of each session on your phone.  Using the phone's USB charging cable, connect it to your PC and allow the PC to access the files on your phone.  Open a file browser and navigate to the directories I listed above and copy the data to a dedicated directory on your PC.  You will then use the PC's oximeter's directory to import the data into OSCAR.

As far as getting Viatom/Wellue to code a direct import into OSCAR;  I'm not trying to be a pessimist, but you have a better chance of VHS tapes making a comeback.  Big Grin

Here is a Wiki article on your oximeter's importing: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
dreemseeker,

You can also use their PC software "O2 Insight Pro" (Windows and Mac) to get the data off your oximeter.  The file it creates can then be imported into OSCAR.  The software says it's compatible with the O2 Ring.

You can get the software at Supplier #40 under "FAQ and Download" in the top banner.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, Thanks for your advice. Downloaded O2 Insight Pro V1.8.0. I paired the O2 Ring with my pc. Yet O2 Insight Pro indicates it cannot detect my device. In consequence cannot download data nor can I use the configuration button. I disinstalled and reinstalled O2 Ring Pro and there is no change. Do you have further advice?

Hello. Thanks for such a quick response. I found the files but Oscar would not let me upload them. Do I have to change the filename or convert them to another format? BTW I tried uploading files into Oscar directly from the Android phone file. I couldn't copy them onto the pc for some reason. Do you have any further advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
Check that your computer has the latest Bluetooth 4.0 as that is what the O2 Ring uses.  If your computer has an earlier version of bluetooth it may not work.

Also try shutting down the ViHealth app on your phone/tablet before trying to connect your ring to your computer via bluetooth.

I use the SleepU oximeter via Bluetooth and it can sometimes take a couple of minutes for it to become discoverable once I activate the oximeter.

(05-22-2022, 11:02 AM)dreamseeker Wrote: Hello. Thanks for such a quick response. I found the files but Oscar would not let me upload them. Do I have to change the filename or convert them to another format? BTW I tried uploading files into Oscar directly from the Android phone file. I couldn't copy them onto the pc for some reason. Do you have any further advice?

It is unclear what files you found.  O2 Insight Pro  for your PC saves the data files as YYYYMMDDhhmmss which can be imported into OSCAR.
If it is the Android files then follow the instructions in the link Crimson Nape gave you earlier.  I don't use Android so I won't be much help with that.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
dreamseeker - Have you tried the USB/HID cable that came with your oximeter to connect to your PC?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the kind advice. I have tried the method and it works perfectly. Now I can visualize my O2 saturation and pulse rate in Oscar.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
Brilliant - precisely what I needed...although I think you meant Betamax Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
I *believe* I successfully imported 2 months of my Wellue O2Ring data into OSCAR, because I can see pulse and O2Sat data now. Does that mean I don't have to worry which version of O2Ring SW I have?
(I can't figure out how to tell the version from the app on my android.) I also tried to find it by opening one of the stored O2Ring files such as this "20220730213238" (date+6digits...which are different in their database vs in the name of the PDF saved on my phone...?). I get gibberish which Word can't translate from any of their Chinese codes...if that is relevant. Or is that the "binary file"...which I don't have to worry about because the import worked ;-) ?

Assuming I can ignore all that, will I encounter any problems if I try to import more O2Ring files, from the previous 8 months, in case those might have been a different version?
I'm a new user, first post, so I hope I put this in an OK thread. Thanks very much! AK
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Vihealth cuts off too soon sammiller 8 236 03-10-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 642 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 188 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 612 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,296 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.