Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Viasys Dolphinus / Dorado pressure
Viasys Dolphinus / Dorado pressure
Hi,

I cheaply got a Viasys Dolphinus CPAP machine which I want to use as a backup, just in case my ResMed machine fails.

Does anyone know how to adjust the pressure? The unit seems to be almost identical to the Viasys Dorado.

I already tried to press the buttons in various combinations, also while powering up. unfortunately, this didn't help. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Viasys Dolphinus / Dorado pressure
Hi covox and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar with that brand of CPAP machine but hang tight and someone will be able to help you soon. Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this will help, but sometimes you can use the instructions from a similar machine made by the same manufacturer.

From our CPAP Clinician Manual Page, there's these instructions for the Viasys Orion, which may or may not work for your machine. If they work, let me know so I can revise our instructions for your machine as well:

Quote:Viasys Orion CPAP: Press both the plus ( + ) button and minus ( -) button simultaneously to get into the clinician setup menu. First set the ramp pressure values, then the ramp time. After these is the altitude setting (1 - 9 where 1=1,000 feet above sea level); to find your altitude click here. Next, set the standard pressure in increments of 0.5 cm/H20 of pressure.

Good luck and Welcome

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I already tired that.
Sadly, it didn,t work. Pressing + and - on this device only starts some sort of calibration.

Does anyone know where to get the patient manual?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,433 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 901 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 630 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,532 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Is expiratory pressure relief similar to BiPAP on lower pressure settings? drmaestro 11 3,313 05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
  [Pressure] Difference between EPAP set pressure and operational pressure brugerard 8 2,328 01-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: brugerard
Question 90% Pressure meaning & Setting Correct Pressure for Auto-CPAP dk2011 2 3,632 12-28-2018, 05:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.