Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High AHI, Vibratory Snore [Merged]
High AHI, Vibratory Snore [Merged]
Is there a way to reduce the vibratory snores that are reported. I know sleeping on your back can cause the vibratory snore readings. I tried sleeping only on my side but still had very high vibratory snore readings. I can upload the data for others to review. I don't know if I need a differend pressure setting. My minumin pressure is 5 and max is 13 (reduced from 15 night before).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vibratory Snore
Your minimum pressure may be too low, but advice is best given after seeing some data.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
            Thanks for the reply, I have attached a screenshot of the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have an answer for the VS but VS2 can be turned off it is more of the sound of movement of the hose and does not mean anything.

Looks of your charts your main problem I can see is positional apnea or chin tucking.  It is when you get into a position where you are cutting off your own airway and no setting can help with that.  You must find a way to NOT end up in that sleeping position.  Sometimes it is as easy an NOt sleeping on your back or changing the size of your pillows.  Any thing that would allow your chin to tuck down to your sternum and cut off your airway.

If there is no easy fix you need to look into a collar (see my link at the bottom of this post).  IT shows charts of people before and after they used collars and you can see the great difference it made for them.  Many people have been help with their use.

You can easily see positional apnea in the row with O and H....  If they are closely grouped of 3 or more it is positional apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Me: ew that's kinda nasty looking. After all those vibes, I'm amazed that PAP didn't fall on the floor.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with the positional apnea.
Also your pressure is maxing at 13. Set your max to 20. Let's see if pressure resolves these snores. The PR algorithims are supposed to target on snores. Let's see what it does.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will change the max to 20 tonight and see how it goes. Thanks and will try the chin support if this continues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the screenshot with last nights data. Max was set to 20.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting that graph I think you should also increase your minimum pressure some 5 seems too low I would suggest setting the minimum to at least 8 we will probably go higher to 10 later the Philips takes a while to get up to pressure when needed this will likely reduce your events reported by the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for reviewing the data and your input. The other issue I have with the DreamStation is several times during the night the air pressure seems loud. I end up waking up and pressing the ramp button to get back to sleep. I have the system set to AutoPap and wondering if I should try the CPAP setting. Originally I had the AutoPap on a max setting of 15 but changed it to 20 for last night's test. Seems like the system only reached a pressure of 12, if I understand the data correctly. Just wondering how I can quiet down the system. I cleaned the filter yesterday and it was a bit quieter than before but still loud at night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 703 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.