Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hot
RE: Hot
(09-29-2015, 02:13 PM)PoolQ Wrote: 2. this expansion thing, just where is this expansion going on? The face side of the mask is sealed. The humidifier chamber, the hose, and the mask are all at a constant pressure so any expansion is happening at the vent exit and not in the system air path.

Well, we were talking about the air that is exhausted into the environment from the mask. Or at least I was.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
ahhh I was talking about if the machine has a cooling element in it to cool the air. You can set a temperature down to 60 degrees on the airsense and aircurve does it just not turn a heater on or does it have active cooling.
Post Reply Post Reply
If my S9 has a cooling element on it, based on the temps that I just checked, it is not doing a very good job. I am quite sure that there is no cooling element in my S9.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
based on your measurements and considering that the machine is consuming 50-100watts of power I would suggest that there is a cooling element, but that's me and this thread has gone farther than it needs to

Peace
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.