Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vihealth cuts off too soon
Vihealth cuts off too soon
I obtained a Wellue FS20F (finger O2 monitor), and installed vihealth on my phone. Vihealth can keep the phone on for a few hours, but it doesn't run all night. I can't figure out if the phone shuts off, or if vihealth is shutting down, or if the FS20F is shutting down. The phone has external power, and the FS20F has new batteries.

The first night I used it, I got data for about 4 hours, the second about 2.5 hours. Can anyone help me solve this problem, so I can get O2 data for the whole night?
tks
sm
There is no one more concerned about your health than you.
 Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vihealth cuts off too soon
I don't know that monitor. How does the data look?

I think you need to search based on the phone you have and look for a way for the OS to keep it running even when the phone goes to sleep and the app hasn't been used in a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2024, 03:01 PM)TechieHippie Wrote: I don't know that monitor. How does the data look?

I think you need to search based on the phone you have and look for a way for the OS to keep it running even when the phone goes to sleep and the app hasn't been used in a while.

I've done many searches (including the one you suggested) and many hours looking for relevant info to no avail.
sm
 Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
i have an EMAY o2 monitor and a wellue sleepU monitor and neither of them require the phone to be on or the app to be running to collect data... the device stores it all and then in the morning you connect with the respective app and the device uploads the data to the phone.

are you really sure you need your phone to be on all night to accomodate this O2 sat monitor? i'd be surprised if your device couldn't store the data on its own.

the EMAY really eats batteries though and i've taken to using lithium AAAs. rechargable AAAs don't last even one night and alkaline AAAs last maybe 2 days. the lithium batteries aren't much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2024, 02:09 PM)joeblough Wrote: i have an EMAY o2 monitor and a wellue sleepU monitor and neither of them require the phone to be on or the app to be running to collect data... the device stores it all and then in the morning you connect with the respective app and the device uploads the data to the phone.

are you really sure you need your phone to be on all night to accomodate this O2 sat monitor? i'd be surprised if your device couldn't store the data on its own.

the EMAY really eats batteries though and i've taken to using lithium AAAs. rechargable AAAs don't last even one night and alkaline AAAs last maybe 2 days. the lithium batteries aren't much better.

The instruction states that the data will be stored as long as it has connection to the phone. It's bluetooth, not wireless. There is likely not enough memory in the device to store 8 hours of data. I'm sure it eats battery power, but I was able to go 3 hours the next day on the same provided batteries.
sm
 Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
well, i think then that your best bet is to check out EMAY if you want a fingertip O2 sat monitor, or get the wellue sleepU. the only drawback with the sleepU is that it only samples every 4 seconds and only sends average values to apple health, if you are using an iphone. the EMAY samples every second and of course stores all the samples internally, like the sleepU.

the wellue and emay are also bluetooth, which, yes, is a form of wireless communication. unless you mean it's not wifi, but i don't see what difference it would make except for being a lot more difficult to configure, as wifi is not good at ad-hoc connections.

i wrote an EMAY csv converter for OSCAR and ElectricalPaul has picked it up to make it more user-friendly. so there's that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2024, 03:10 PM)joeblough Wrote: well, i think then that your best bet is to check out EMAY if you want a fingertip O2 sat monitor, or get the wellue sleepU. the only drawback with the sleepU is that it only samples every 4 seconds and only sends average values to apple health, if you are using an iphone. the EMAY samples every second and of course stores all the samples internally, like the sleepU.

the wellue and emay are also bluetooth, which, yes, is a form of wireless communication. unless you mean it's not wifi, but i don't see what difference it would make except for being a lot more difficult to configure, as wifi is not good at ad-hoc connections.

i wrote an EMAY csv converter for OSCAR and ElectricalPaul has picked it up to make it more user-friendly. so there's that.

I'm looking for someone who knows how to solve my issue, not to buy new equipment. If not, I can live with what I have.
sm
 Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry to say that there isn't any solving of your problem.  Your unit was not designed to record for extended periods of time, such as sleep sessions.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2024, 04:08 PM)sammiller Wrote: I'm looking for someone who knows how to solve my issue, not to buy new equipment. If not, I can live with what I have.

i think it's impossible, which i left unspoken, sorry.

an iphone app can force itself to stay in the foreground, for instance, Pillow does this. however, it does wreak havoc with the OS - for instance the OS thinks the iphone is being actively held and used, and so alarms won't appear on an apple watch. however, in order for this to be accomplished, you'll need wellue to re-code their app. i doubt they are going to do this. there's certainly no user control over things like this in iOS. android might be a different story.

really, if you want to track sleep o2 (or anything else sleep-related) you need a product designed to track sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 261 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation Crimson Nape 33 8,618 10-10-2023, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Herqliz
  Downgrading ViHealth to enable upload of Oxygen levels to OSCAR Kingsway 0 714 06-14-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Latest version of the Vihealth Android app doesn't produce the files for OSCAR wlewis 7 1,868 06-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Correlation of ViHealth 02 data report and OSCAR Plmnb 4 757 04-27-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  ViHealth app warning! Cuppa 4 2,454 12-21-2022, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.