Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VirtuClean CPAP Ozone Cleaner
RE: VirtuClean CPAP Ozone Cleaner
(10-02-2018, 12:00 PM)Marillion Wrote: Thank you for taking the time to do this definitive explanation Melman.  Your professional opinion is, as always, very much appreciated.

Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The UV thing is an excellent example.

Salt water aquarium enthusiasts love these. They do work in that situation and if I did saltwater aquariums, I would use one.

However, the water is sent through the UV tube AFTER being run through the filter and/or sump tank. AFTER. That means the water is cleaned prior to being in the UV tube.

Using a UV system or ozone system works similarly. They work best AFTER being cleaned. And unless you are a DME or sleep clinic, there really is no reason to use either one. The air we breathe is not sent through a UV or ozone system. The water we shower in typically is not either. You will inhale more bacteria during a shower or simply breathing than you will using a CPAP system that is regularly cleaned with simple soap and water.

However, if you choose to use one, then understand the risks as well as the benefits. If using one helps you to believe you are being better to yourself and your health, go for it. We could all use that kind of thinking.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am using a $30 ozone generator (basically, VirtuClean without its bag) for drying freshly cleaned hose that goes first thru soapy water, flushed out with hot water for few minutes.

Ozonated air blows inside the hose to speed up drying process. If it also kills any bacteria, that's just a bonus for me.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I came to read this after talking to a cpap user at work that has concerns about cleaning.

I truly appreciate the comments here.

I'll start cleaning my tank, hose and mask better.

Thanks
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Have been using virtuclean for sometime now and I love it ! It’s quick and I can notice a difference in my mask and hose ! And all you have to do is when you reassemble your mask and hose and reattach it to your machine simply run the machine for about a minute before using and the ozone smell is gone ! Ozone kills all living bacteria and viruses and organisms in and on your mask and hose ! Do Not run it through your machine though! I use it on my mask ,hose and water tank with great results!
Post Reply Post Reply
Many warn against the use of ozone cleaners.  ResMed says that using an ozone cleaner voids the warranty on their machines.  Most of us on this board think they are useless, and more importantly, harmful machines.  I had one but stopped using it years ago.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
UV light generates ozone fom oxigen in the air.  Hence, there is not much difference between UV cleaner and ozone cleaner. 

We also want to remember the blaming game between Philips and a (cleaning) service provider company, whose name I cannot recall right now. Philips claims that ozone and moisture contributed to the foam degradation in their instrument. Philps is probably right. C.F., Philps Dreamstation recall. 

It would be best if you were careful during cleaning. For instance, I never allowed the ozone cleaner to blow the ozone via the climate-controlled tubing. Because it contains a metalized heating element, you do not want to oxidize it with ozone and then inhale the metal oxide.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: FDA Announces Voluntary Recall of SoClean Ozone Cleaners Sleeprider 4 966 12-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Purdoux [CPAP mask & hose cleaner] Mrzocor 2 589 06-24-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Mrzocor
  New CPAP cleaner djfro 3 717 03-22-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: djfro
  [Equipment] O2 Concentrator: Purity of output airstream? Rental? Refurbishment? Ozone? joeb 16 1,740 01-07-2022, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  [Equipment] CPAP cleaner recommendation smallur 14 3,959 09-22-2021, 08:11 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Apparently a popular supplier uses Ozone & UV-C light to clean their used machines Marlow 5 1,081 09-15-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
Sad Ozone smell & mask yellowing with SoClean2 pozowich 62 20,663 09-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Mrzocor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.