Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vitera humidification issue (?)
Vitera humidification issue (?)
(Searched to see if this already addressed-- just point to a thread if I missed it)

Howdy.   Just switched from a Resmed Airfit 20 to a F&P Vitera, primarily because of what I'd read about the looser fit of the Vitera. With my relatively high pressure the Airfit would squeal or 'trumpet' too frequently unless the straps were annoyingly tight (often headache-inducing annoying). 

Love the fit of the Vitera, but now I wake at least 2 or 3 times a night owing to my entire oral cavity having become ridiculously dry/parched. Still using the DreamStation, with self contained humidifier.  For the 1st few days of Vitera use I had humidity set at 3, as had been the setting when using the Airfit; then bumped it to 5, with no improvement.

The venting of the Vitera, that instructions warn not to impede, makes for a more significant and constant air flow than the AirFit.  I'm wondering if the seemingly faster, constant air current through the mask reduces the effrective humidity.

Just to pre-emptively remove a causal variable-- once asleep I do have a tendency for open-mouth breathing at least part of the night, but that's not new, and only occasionally did I experience a bit of 'dry-mouth' in the 2+ years I was using the AirFit.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any thoughts regarding tweaking the venting?

Thanks for any help--  Jim
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask issue Darren83 1 177 05-11-2022, 03:02 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question Issue with AirSense 11 After using an SD card bballkj7 5 259 05-06-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 248 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 12 1,869 03-15-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: cmkeur
  [Pressure] Aerophagia issue, requesting pressure setting review karen.k.quinn 9 457 03-03-2022, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Problematic full-face mask (F&P Vitera) & not-so-nimble fingers. Help, please? Helena 7 323 02-25-2022, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Helena
  AirSense 11 Issue? jdhaines32 2 726 02-09-2022, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jdhaines32

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.