Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vitera humidification issue (?)
Vitera humidification issue (?)
(Searched to see if this already addressed-- just point to a thread if I missed it)

Howdy.   Just switched from a Resmed Airfit 20 to a F&P Vitera, primarily because of what I'd read about the looser fit of the Vitera. With my relatively high pressure the Airfit would squeal or 'trumpet' too frequently unless the straps were annoyingly tight (often headache-inducing annoying). 

Love the fit of the Vitera, but now I wake at least 2 or 3 times a night owing to my entire oral cavity having become ridiculously dry/parched. Still using the DreamStation, with self contained humidifier.  For the 1st few days of Vitera use I had humidity set at 3, as had been the setting when using the Airfit; then bumped it to 5, with no improvement.

The venting of the Vitera, that instructions warn not to impede, makes for a more significant and constant air flow than the AirFit.  I'm wondering if the seemingly faster, constant air current through the mask reduces the effrective humidity.

Just to pre-emptively remove a causal variable-- once asleep I do have a tendency for open-mouth breathing at least part of the night, but that's not new, and only occasionally did I experience a bit of 'dry-mouth' in the 2+ years I was using the AirFit.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any thoughts regarding tweaking the venting?

Thanks for any help--  Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vitera humidification issue (?)
Jim:

I have the very same issue.

Have you received any helpful suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
This may or may help, but I'm in the process of losing weight, and dry mouth seems to be a signal to lower my pressure. So far it has been fairly accurate. I leave my maximum pressure up, just in case it is wishful thinking on my part. So far, my maximum pressure attained has only been .6 cm higher than my minimum setting. Where are your pressures running as opposed to your min and max settings?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding.

Pressures are 10 min and 14 max.

Oscar shows 99.5% at 13.92
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your 95%tile?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post Reply Post Reply
Waking with dry mouth a couple of times per night.

Context: I am 78 and wake up to urinate 2 to 3 times per night due to prostate issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, so much for my idea!. . .
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Replies to David:    I haven't found any solution -- I  resorted to putting the Airfit back in action. Don't like it, but what the Vitera was doing to me was even less tolerable.
   re: the prostate situation, I just dealt with prostate cancer; and despite its max level of severity, surgery was not part of the solution so the prostate is still there and, presumably, the cause of urination issues. BUT they have been significantly mitigated by a med. With its help, if my mask doesn't wake me up I am now frequently able to avoid having sleep disrupted by the urination issue. Good luck.  Jim
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 36 6 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 104 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 663 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.