Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VoIP not registering some robo/telemarketer calls.
My phone system uses VoIP. Lately I've been receiving robo and telemarketer calls that will display the Caller ID on my phone but won't register in my Call History Log that is in my VoIP configuration system.

My question is; Does or has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a fix or workaround?
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm on a traditional landline. So, I don't have an incoming call log; except for what the phone captures on caller ID.
These robo-terrorists are really becoming more than annoying.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a landline, and the system lists all calls on the caller ID.

I have been so annoyed and stressed over the amount of robo calls we receive, that I recently purchased a new phone system that has a "Call Block" feature.

Now, when those calls, or any other telemarketing calls come in, I only have to hit the Call Block button one time, then we they call again, and they do....The call is automatically blocked.  It's Heaven!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Yes, I have a set of Panasonics with call block. It will hold up to 400 numbers. I add their CID to the block list.
The robo dialers can make up numbers to send on CID faster than we can block them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not saying this is happening to you but here are two interesting reads:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r2803525...get-logged
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.0

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Rachel from card member services calls me all the time. 

That girl sure is persistent.   Dodgy
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-18-2017, 11:09 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I also have a landline, and the system lists all calls on the caller ID.

I have been so annoyed and stressed over the amount of robo calls we receive, that I recently purchased a new phone system that has a "Call Block" feature.

Now, when those calls, or any other telemarketing calls come in, I only have to hit the Call Block button one time, then we they call again, and they do....The call is automatically blocked.  It's Heaven!

Are you allowed to post the name of the phone system that has the "call block" feature?  I need to buy a new landline phone system and would dearly love to get a phone that allows me to block unwanted calls.
Post Reply Post Reply
SS, Offer to meet her for a drink. That should stow her down.

Alan, those posts describe my problem. Thank you! The way my carrier acts, it's my network configuration. (It's you not me!)
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
MicroSoft calls (yeah, right). I've won a cruise. Will my next home improvement be inside or outside?
Is my electric bill greater than $75 per month? "We'll be in your area giving free estimates." (Really, don't try to pet my Doberman.)

GrammaBear: My phones are Panasonic. Looks like the max #'s that can be blocked is 250, not 400.
I've had mine for a while. Closest one's to mine are Panasonic KXTGF344B. (in fact, they have a button on the base for call block.)
I like that the handsets use NiMH AAA batteries; so, I can replace them without searching for a "special" battery.
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-18-2017, 01:02 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 11:09 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I also have a landline, and the system lists all calls on the caller ID.

Are you allowed to post the name of the phone system that has the "call block" feature?  I need to buy a new landline phone system and would dearly love to get a phone that allows me to block unwanted calls.

Not a problem.  
Panasonic digital cordless answering system KX-TGF344 (4 handsets). I think you can buy with fewer handsets if need be.
I bought it through Amazon.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

How to Organize and Post ScreenShots

http://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Telemarketer Tactics Crimson Nape 75 6,859 02-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Goldie54914
  Norfolk 911 calls for 'baby lion' turn up a coiffed dog cbramsey 4 1,573 03-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Ugly