Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VoIP not registering some robo/telemarketer calls.
I signed up for nomorobo but the calls I get are spoofed local numbers. I think half this town has called me in the past month Smile These spoofed calls have pushed me over the edge. I can get a new number with vonage but ooma's premium is 1/2 the cost for more features. Plus I signed up with vonage more than 10 years ago and the plan i have no longer exists. It's cheap and concerned that if I do anything to change my service they will "upgrade" my plan to a current one and I'll get charged the higher rates.

Interesting thing is, when we first got vonage they needed port forwarding setup on the router. This is no longer the case as they use port triggering. Now I can block all inbound ports again.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Alan: I have noticed a recent trend where Robo-Terrorists are using the same area code and prefix as my number.
Very likely spoofing a legitimate number.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Annoying isn't it? Really not much one can do about it. I must have hundreds of numbers blocked in google voice by now.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Any call service should include an easy means to block callers, and also to block anonymous callers. The latest spoofed calls are particularly obnoxious because they constantly change and have a caller ID with a number. On my home phone, I have a whitelist which rings through. All others get to go to voicemail. The problem is not so bad on the mobile phone yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently use Google Voice with each of my 3 Gmail accounts and an actual cell number tied to one of those Google voice numbers. I own the first number BTW. I block and tag these scam calls as spam after NOT answering unknown numbers and not getting voicemail. Also I typically Google search the numbers to see comments about them.
Sarcasm is a hobby of mine. I am not sarcastic on serious issues, implied or otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Telemarketer Tactics Crimson Nape 75 6,851 02-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Goldie54914
  Norfolk 911 calls for 'baby lion' turn up a coiffed dog cbramsey 4 1,571 03-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Ugly