Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Have to send SD card back to DME?
Have to send SD card back to DME?
One month in and my supplier has me send the SD card in. I have to do this again in a few more months.
What is this for actually?

Just saw my Doctor and the review of all my data was just about perfect.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Have to send SD card back to DME?
Hi ypeels,
It's probably for insurance purposes.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If not mistaken, the insurance require that you,re using the machine at least 4 hours per day 70% of the time in the first 30 days to pay for the machine. Maybe you,re on a "rent to own" a period of 13 months in which they have to check your compliance so they can get paid by insurance
Post Reply Post Reply
More than likely, trish is correct. The reason the DME wants to look at your data is so that they can prove to your insurance company you are using your machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Stupid insurance requirement.

Just like when I had to have a $2,500 sleep study to show I still needed a $1,000 machine when my old one was dying. Total OOP for them? $3,500. To my way of thinking, $3,500 > $1,000. But then I'm not an insurance company, just an accountant.

RVLIII
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 70 4,432 Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,069 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 493 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 902 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 374 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 282 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 524 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.