Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

W7 System repair disks
W7 System repair disks
I have a laptop that uses W7 home premium and 2 desktops that use W7 Pro. These are all 64 bit machines. Could the system repair disk from the Pro version be used on the Home Premium version without messing anything up?

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: W7 System repair disks
You mean the disk you are supposed to burn when you first do a system backup that includes an image?
I don't know; but I *think* they are hardware specific.

I'll bet Crimson Nape knows.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're talking about the system restore disk that came with the computer (from the computer manufacturer), or one that you created from that machine, those are generally specific to that particular type machine and won't work on any other.  But it's worth a try at least.

Sometimes, they give you the Operating System disk (from Microsoft) with just the OS on it - that isn't hardware specific and should work on any other machine - you'll need the "product key" (a long series of characters) to complete the install, which is usually written on the CD or the CD cover/case, or sometimes they put the sticker on the computer case it was shipped with.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used a Win7 Pro disk to fix a Win7 Home version before. I haven't tried it with an Ultimate version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2017, 01:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I've used a Win7 Pro disk to fix a Win7 Home version before.  I haven't tried it with an Ultimate version.

Red, is that a System Restore disk or the OS disk?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
It was the OS Install disk. Side note: If you upgraded a Win7 system to a Win 10, MS issued a new license number when you registered it thus freeing up the Win7 license.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys!!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a system one 750p doncaruana 4 516 08-14-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  OSCAR and System One 60 ST Dog 6 738 11-12-2021, 09:22 AM
  data import issues with Philips Respironics REMstar Plus (System One) c-flex+ sark666 4 907 11-03-2020, 03:56 PM
  Phillips system one Dorma 500 auto RobiToBe 7 1,240 09-12-2020, 10:33 AM
  OSCAR can't read data from SD Card - REMstar Plus (System One 60 Serie LValadas 8 1,119 08-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Last Post: LValadas
Question SD Card File System DrAHI 7 1,621 01-06-2019, 10:37 PM
Last Post: fredex
  Error dowloading data from Sd card for system one machine dangood_47 4 2,013 11-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.