Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
Hello All,

I just bought a RESMED Airsense 10 Auto from the U.S. for use here in Australia because I refuse to pay the inflated prices that RESMED demand down here. I have the same machine on a trial for 4 weeks which is about to end. I like to get to work each morning and peruse my last nights sleep on the MY AIR website.

Trouble is the unit I got has a CDMA modem in it which is incompataible with the Australian mobile networks.

What I need is the 2G GSM modem module for the S10.

Can anyone point me to where I could buy one (I will fit it myself).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
Welcome to Apnea Board, Wozzlegummich
Not possible, the only way is to buy another machine from Australian supplier
Just joking, I got 2 machines from across the pond

Anyway, ResScan and SleepyHead gives you more data than My Air, including detailed data which only available on the SD card

The machine sleep report is quite comprehensive, providing "Essentials" set to "Plus" from the clinical menu
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 05:27 AM)zonk Wrote: Welcome to Apnea Board, Wozzlegummich

Anyway, ResScan and SleepyHead gives you more data than My Air, including detailed data which only available on the SD card

The machine sleep report is quite comprehensive, providing "Essentials" set to "Plus" from the clinical menu

Thanks for the welcome Zonk, but I have really got used to getting to work and jumping on the MYAIR site. Also it txts me if something has gone awry overnight. It's a P.I.T.A. to have to pull the card and fire up the laptop & Sleepyhead/Rescan to see what happened last night.

Also have learnt since it's a 4G LTE Modem Module I'm chasing, the 2G one was fitted to the S9 models. I've written to RESMED so it will be interesting to see the outcome. I'm an engineer so I don't think fitting it would be an issue but I would like to talk to someone about the firmware.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 05:49 AM)Wozzlegummich Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 05:27 AM)zonk Wrote: Welcome to Apnea Board, Wozzlegummich

Thanks for the welcome Zonk, but I have really got used to getting to work and jumping on the MYAIR site. Also it txts me if something has gone awry overnight. It's a P.I.T.A. to have to pull the card and fire up the laptop & Sleepyhead/Rescan to see what happened last night.

Also have learnt since it's a 4G LTE Modem Module I'm chasing, the 2G one was fitted to the S9 models. I've written to RESMED so it will be interesting to see the outcome. I'm an engineer so I don't think fitting it would be an issue but I would like to talk to someone about the firmware.

You can use a wifi card to access the data without touching the card from wherever.

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
What would you get from My Air, you would not get normally from the machine sleep report
As for, if something goes wrong, you cannot evaluate without detailed data which is not available on My Air
They can tell if leak rate is excessive, AHI, hours using the machine, but the machine sleep report can tell that too

Personally, I find all of this stuff, quite intrusive and no gain ... ymmv

It would be interesting what ResMed say in their reply
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 12:38 PM)zonk Wrote: What would you get from My Air, you would not get normally from the machine sleep report
As for, if something goes wrong, you cannot evaluate without detailed data which is not available on My Air
They can tell if leak rate is excessive, AHI, hours using the machine, but the machine sleep report can tell that too

Personally, I find all of this stuff, quite intrusive and no gain ... ymmv

It would be interesting what ResMed say in their reply

Thanks for the heads up about setting "Essentials" to "Plus" in the clinical menu. That gives me a much better view of what went on last night.

But I still like the high level overview of My Air and with the score they give you you can instantly see if there is an issue rather than having to drill down through software to interpret the data. Also I believe that RESMED occasionally push out firmware updates over the air much like your mobile phone gets them. As for them having my sleep data - they are welcome to it. They probably use most of it for R&D purposes.

My "Sleep Technician" treats me like an imbecile and is amazed when talk to him about machine setups, RESCAN or Sleepyhead. I get the feeling that he is just a salesman trying to extract my dollars. It took me 3 visits to get out of him who he actually employs him (Air Liquide a distributor for RESMED). He wants to sell me an Airsense S10 Elite (not auto) on special for AUD$1650. I got my complete machine, an Airsense S10 AUTO with RESMED mask & a second Sleepweaver Anew fabric mask for just under AUD$1K including shipping from the USA. That lot would have cost me close to AUD$3K here! I know everyone has to make a quid but that's ridiculous considering these things are made here in Australia! Everyone says "what about warranty" but even if the unit ends up in a smoking pile of plastic & metal and I have to buy another one from the US I'd still be $1K ahead!!!!

I get the feeling here in Australia the whole CPAP industry is a bit of a "closed shop". I would even go as far as saying there might be a bit of collusion happening when it comes to pricing here in Aus as they all seem suspiciously the same on pricing. I also wonder how a retail business would survive selling just CPAP machines unless the markups were absolutely astronomical. There seems to be a plethora of them here in Melbourne where I live and even more on the internet.

I still want to pursue getting the correct modem. I'm also looking at installing a WiFi SD card (Thanks Mark) so data acquisition is simpler and I might look into writing a simple routine (program) to import it automatically into sleepyhead every morning.

Ooops, sorry, got a bit carried away but at least I have that all that off my chest!!

Cheers, Wozz
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, one other thing - It's turns out it IS a 2G GSM modem I need - NOT 4G LTE. It's only a tiny bit of data so speed would not be an issue.

The weird thing is there is no SIM card yet it connects connect to the VODAFONE network here in AUS. Who is paying for the data transmission? I'm sure VODAFONE isn't. They are still losing money in this country.
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe the price of the airwaves is part of the markup?

naw... the markup pre-exists the modem. lol.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Sadly I may have just found the answer to my quest for a 2G GSM Modem. I'll keep going though.

(04-04-2015, 12:16 AM)Mike1980 Wrote: Ok so after speaking to my sleep technician, apparently RESMED test units in Australia have the modems in them to monitor patients data etc, but the ones that you purchase don't, according to resmed they will by the end of the year. Apparently waiting on legislation from the Australian government, so just thought I would share.

Regards,

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I've see one Australian web site offering modem version for $100 more ..
I'll try and find link and post it here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.