Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
RE: WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
(06-17-2015, 06:20 PM)Zeddy Wrote: Hi,

I've see one Australian web site offering modem version for $100 more ..
I'll try and find link and post it here.

Welcome to the board, Zeddy

I have seen it too, what a rip-off
My guess, would not work with machines purchased from US and you have to buy the machine from them

Edit: from CPAP Direct ... ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset $1,999.00
AirSense 10 model 37352 with built in wireless connectivity also available for an extra $95 – price includes mobile broadband costs to connect to the cloud. Please contact us and ask for more information. 1300 133 298

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks zonk,

Was trying to figure out how to post a direct link Smile
Can't do it.

The part numbers are
AirSense 10 Autoset part no: 37316
AirSense 10 Autoset Wireless Connectivity version part no: 37352

zonk, at least they do "6 Months Interest free" Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 04:01 PM)Wozzlegummich Wrote: Thanks for the heads up about setting "Essentials" to "Plus" in the clinical menu. That gives me a much better view of what went on last night.
According to ResMed, now you have become "highly engaged patient"

From A10 clinical manual, page 30 ... Patient menu
In the patient menu there are two types of access levels, Essentials and Essentials Plus.
Essentials is designed to make the device interaction and menu navigation easier for patients.

However, by enabling Essentials Plus you can allow highly engaged patients to access additional features for control over more of their therapy settings, ................
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 08:53 PM)zonk Wrote: However, by enabling Essentials Plus you can allow highly engaged patients to access additional features for control over more of their therapy settings, ................

Maybe they (RESMED) need to go and have a read of [link removed]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
My Australian bought machine (Feb 2015) doesn't have the wireless/modem. I too have heard that the new machines out just now are shipping with the modem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2015, 07:25 AM)Veilsd Wrote: My Australian bought machine (Feb 2015) doesn't have the wireless/modem. I too have heard that the new machines out just now are shipping with the modem.

Interesting - Is it an Elite or an Auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
In US, insurance is the boss, they pay for the machines and every thing else
Manufacturers bend backward to make them happy, US market share is huge, something like 50% of world wide sales

The wireless thing is mainly for compliance reporting, hence only limited data is transmitted
All the relevant stuff available on the SD card and not transmitted remotely

No such thing in Australia, insurance only pay a certain amount (vary from one to another) toward the machine and nothing for anything else
They don't care about compliance reporting

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2015, 03:44 PM)zonk Wrote: In US, insurance is the boss, they pay for the machines and every thing else
Manufacturers bend backward to make them happy, US market share is huge, something like 50% of world wide sales

The wireless thing is mainly for compliance reporting, hence only limited data is transmitted
All the relevant stuff available on the SD card and not transmitted remotely

No such thing in Australia, insurance only pay a certain amount (vary from one to another) toward the machine and nothing for anything else
They don't care about compliance reporting

Still, frustrating what we have to pay in Australia. I guess like almost all businesses each country's office must stand on it's own and remain profitable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 06:50 PM)Zeddy Wrote: Thanks zonk,

Was trying to figure out how to post a direct link Smile
Can't do it.

Re-read the rules about commercial links. And New Members (such as yourself) cannot post links.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just got this response from RESMED via their facebook page.

"Unfortunately, we don't currently offer a service option to *change* the data module type for an AirSense 10."

Hmmmmmmph. I'll keep trying other avenues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 351 36 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,717 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,594 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,763 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.