Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
RE: WANTED - RESMED Airsense 10 2G GSM Modem
(06-18-2015, 03:18 PM)Wozzlegummich Wrote: Interesting - Is it an Elite or an Auto?

It is the Auto

Post Reply Post Reply
The wireless module (modem) is an embedded surface mount device on a PC board which is part of the side cover (SD Card side) of the S10. Six screws and disconnection of a four white wire connector and it's out. US & Australian RESMED Airsense S10 Auto's seem exactly the same and the side covers complete with their wireless modules appear to be fully interchangeable.

The Australian device is a TELIT GE910-QUAD V3 2.5G GSM/GPRS quad-band 850/900/1800/1900MHz.

[Image: GSM.jpg]

The United States version is a TELIT GE910-DUAL CDMA-EVDO 800/1900 MHz RTT 153.6 kbps

[Image: P_20150621_124702.jpg]

Now all I need is RESMED to sell me the Australian version of the side cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
LATEST UPDATE:

I have it from a very good authority (I've actually seen it) that a 2G GSM modem from an Australian sourced RESMED S10 will fit and work in a US sourced RESMED S10 and it does connect to the Vodafone network and transmit data to the MyAir website.

Also, contrary to what RESMED have said, the MYAir website is accessible from Australia and does work with data transmitted from the 2G GSM modems in Australia.

Now all we need to do is....

1. Get RESMED to stop telling everyone that the only way to upgrade a US spec S10 to trasmit data in Australia or to fit a 2G GSM modem to an AUS spec S10 is to buy a complete new machine.

2. Get RESMED to sell us the 2G GSM Modem.

Surely with the exorbitant price the we Australians have to pay for these machines they could see there way clear to bring us into the 21st Century and allow us to have the same features they give the US. Especially since they are made here in AUSTRALIA!!!

Has anyone got an "In" with RESMED??
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of work to just get compliance data. I get full data using Sleepyhead and a Toshiba Flashair III card daily connecting remotely to my primary workstation via my phone in less than a minute while sitting on the edge of my bed each time I get up.

There are two software options, Sleep Master and FlashPAP, both work with the same WiFi SDcards, connect, pull the data so that SleepyHead can import full data without taking the card physically out of the machine. You can even set it up to write to an SDCard on the workstation so you can use ResScan if you choose.

No soldering, opening the machine and still getting way too basic data. Get full data, full reports daily (or in my case sometimes multiple times in a day).
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2015, 03:16 AM)krelvin Wrote: A lot of work to just get compliance data. I get full data using Sleepyhead and a Toshiba Flashair III card daily connecting remotely to my primary workstation via my phone in less than a minute while sitting on the edge of my bed each time I get up.

No soldering, opening the machine and still getting way too basic data. Get full data, full reports daily (or in my case sometimes multiple times in a day).

Where did the soldering come into it? The swap out of the modem takes less than a minute - six screws. The only electrical connection is a small ribbon wire harness which plugs directly onto the modem printed circuit board and connects the main PC board.

The MYAIR system emails & txts if there is anything awry. All with no input or effort from the user apart from initially setting up an account. Users don't have to do anything - safe in the knowledge that if something goes awry it will email & text them.

I agree a Flashair card with automated remote data retrieval for viewing with Sleepyhead would be handy if one was to start getting some errant messages from MYAIR. But having a look around this forum it looks like there's a fair bit of mucking around to get the card to work. Far more work than slipping a modem into the machine. Then there's the setup and configuration to automate the download of the files to a repository that is available remotely. All seems a bit too hard doesn't it?

I must say though I'm starting to agree with the "tinfoil hat brigade" about big brother having access to their machines via the modem. I've read about instances where the machine parameters have been changed remotely by the patients health care provider. Also the chip used in this modem also has voice and GPS capabilities so who knows what data "they" are collecting. (Cue X-Files theme music).
But then again, if you have got wifi in your house Google knows more about you than probably you do!! [Image: tinfoil.gif]

Of course this is only my opinion and maybe completely wrong! [Image: begging.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I see on the My Air site from last night.

[Image: myair.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2015, 06:14 PM)Wozzlegummich Wrote: LATEST UPDATE:

I have it from a very good authority (I've actually seen it) that a 2G GSM modem from an Australian sourced RESMED S10 will fit and work in a US sourced RESMED S10 and it does connect to the Vodafone network and transmit data to the MyAir website.

Also, contrary to what RESMED have said, the MYAir website is accessible from Australia and does work with data transmitted from the 2G GSM modems in Australia.

Now all we need to do is....

1. Get RESMED to stop telling everyone that the only way to upgrade a US spec S10 to trasmit data in Australia or to fit a 2G GSM modem to an AUS spec S10 is to buy a complete new machine.

2. Get RESMED to sell us the 2G GSM Modem.

Surely with the exorbitant price the we Australians have to pay for these machines they could see there way clear to bring us into the 21st Century and allow us to have the same features they give the US. Especially since they are made here in AUSTRALIA!!!

Has anyone got an "In" with RESMED??

Good Luck with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2015, 02:07 AM)Adoniscmj Wrote: Good Luck with that.

We can only hope. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2015, 08:49 PM)Wozzlegummich Wrote: This is what I see on the My Air site from last night.

Hi Wozzle,

I too am in Australia, waiting for my new CPAP machine to arrive from Supplier #2.

Did you get any further with sourcing the TELIT GE910-QUAD V3 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2015, 05:10 AM)Wozzlegummich Wrote: What I need is the 2G GSM modem module for the S10.

Can anyone point me to where I could buy one (I will fit it myself).

From December 2016 they will turn off 2G in Australia. Wonder if Resmed thought about that.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,744 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,774 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.