Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out
RE: WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out
All excellent points and well stated.

Lithium Ion batteries. You can't live with 'em, and you can't live without 'em. Laugh-a-lot

I like your mention of the homeowner's insurance. That would be a great thing to ask. Unfortunately I don't know anybody in the insurance business that would be knowledgable enough to know all the nuances of the various battery chemistries and the different pitfalls of charging techniques. Great question though. [Image: 69.gif]

So many toys... Such little time.  Oh-jeez
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out
I had a Philips Dreamstation which had an exceptionally good UPS. It was connected to mains and to the unit. If the power went off it just carried on seamlessly. This week I got a Resmed Airsense 10 which I expected to come with a UPS.  It came with cigarette lighter plug to charge the battery. Unfortunately if the power goes off I will have to change connections. Unlikely I will ever use it as I don't have a 12v cigarette lighter socket other than in the car whch is in the garage. Hope this helps. Like you I have found nothing on the web for an UPS for Resmed. Kind regards, David.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,893 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 128 04-18-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 180 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,908 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 812 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 250 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,775 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.