Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which cable for portable power supply?
Which cable for portable power supply?
Hi all
I'm looking at purchasing a portable power supply (EASYLONGER PD 60W) for my Philips DreamStation 2 so I can go camping.
I'm stuck as to which cable to purchase so I can use the CPAP machine with the portable power supply.

Andy advice please?
Many Thanks
Andy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which cable for portable power supply?
Hello Andy,

Funny you should ask about this powerbank. It arrived two days ago on my doorstep. Same looks, same specs, different name.

I have used it last night with my Airsense 11. The results are mixed.

The Airsense 11 without heated hose and without humidifier uses 8 Watts on average. So in 8 hours of sleep it would need 64 watt-hours of electricity. The powerbank is 88 watt-hours. This morning the powerbank was nearly empty, so that is correct.
Your Dreamstation 2 usage will be different, but not all that much.

The powerbank lasted the whole night (8h 49m) and the Airsense 11 worked well. That is good.

Now for the bad things. It will need charging every day. At the moment it is charging off of a normal usb charger, probably taking the whole day.
When it gets older, the capacity will go down until it won't make it through the night. Probably within a year, whether you use it or not.

My advice is to go for a powerbank that has twice the capacity at least, at the cost of being heavier. There is a 266 Wh powerbank that looks promising. Or just go with this one and accept it will need replacing in a year.

As to your question about cables... what are your choices/thoughts? I power mine from the round plug connector. Don't know what your Dreamstation needs for plug and voltage.

regards,

Charan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 118 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,902 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 249 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,752 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 427 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 1,033 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.