Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WELLUE 02 Ring - data suddenly missing
WELLUE 02 Ring - data suddenly missing
All my recordings prior to Jan. 5 are suddenly missing though are showing on the phone app. Anyone have this issue and how to restore?

[Image: agT9vod.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WELLUE 02 Ring - data suddenly missing
It says the device is not connected. Given that, it can't import data from the device.

How does the O2Ring connect to the computer? I have a Wellue SleepU, and the cable failed. I could neither import data nor charge the device.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2022, 11:21 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: It says the device is not connected. Given that, it can't import data from the device.

How does the O2Ring connect to the computer? I have a Wellue SleepU, and the cable failed. I could neither import data nor charge the device.

It sends the data via bluetooth and I update it every morning. 

Guess I'll have to wait till I hear back from the Wellue reps that barely can write English.  Perturbed
Post Reply Post Reply
Check to see if the actual files are still there.  @MCS2014, I'm Not sure if you are using your Mac or Windows VM, but here is the file location on Mac:

/Users/your-username/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerialNumber

The bold parts will be different for you.

The software keeps some type of info on the files it imports in a database (db_o2.db) and that may have somehow been corrupted.  Not sure how that could be fixed or what is used for the db (sqlite or similar???).

If one of the devs wants to look at it I can dropbox it to them, it's only 61kb.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2022, 02:06 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Check to see if the actual files are still there.  @MCS2014, I'm Not sure if you are using your Mac or Windows VM, but here is the file location on Mac:

/Users/your-username/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro/DATA/SerialNumber

The bold parts will be different for you.

The software keeps some type of info on the files it imports in a database (db_o2.db) and that may have somehow been corrupted.  Not sure how that could be fixed or what is used for the db (sqlite or similar???).

If one of the devs wants to look at it I can dropbox it to them, it's only 61kb.

All the data with the dates are still there. Why it's not reflecting on the 02 Insight Pro app is a mystery. I am using Mac.

[Image: f7zBH05.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Then it would be my guess that something happened to that db_o2.db file.  I had a peek inside mine and it does store all the data from import of your oximeter.

Databases are above my pay grade so you may have to wait to see what type of response you get from Wellue.  Hopefully they will be able to tell you how to rebuild/repair it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oddly, your database name is different from mine. Mine is named, "PlusebitO2.db". Here is a SQL script that can extract all the sessions within the database.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

for filename in `sqlite3 ./db_o2.db 'select mFileName from sleepData'`; do echo $filename; (sqlite3 db_o2.db "select quote(dataBuf) from sleepData where mFileName = '$filename'" | cut -d\' -f2 | xxd -r -p > $filename); done

To use this, copy the code above into a text editor and save it in the directory that has the database. Make this file executable and run it from a terminal prompt. Of course, this is assuming that you have an SQL database engine on your computer. If not, I would recommend, "SQLite".

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red, you made me learn something new!

My Mac does have sqlite3, but I can't say if it is native or something else installed it.  it's under /usr/bin

The table and columns  names are different for mine (Wellue SleepU).  (I used a DB browser app for sqlite initially).  But a little editing to the table and column names and the script works for the SleepU:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

for filename in `sqlite3 ./db_o2.db 'select checktime from tb_check'`; do
echo $filename; (sqlite3 db_o2.db "select quote(checktime) from tb_check where checktime = '$filename'" | cut -d\' -f2 | xxd -r -p > $filename); done

A small output sample:
Code:
jeff@Jeff-MBA DBtest % ./dbtest.sh  

But I'm not sure if the O2 ring would be the same as the PulseBit or the SleepU???  The OP's db is the same name as mine, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the same structure (as either of them).  Either way, there are now two different versions to try.  Would be interesting to see the results......
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!!!  I had that sinking feeling they may be different when I saw a different database name. I'm using a SleepU as well. My apps are, Android - ViHealth and Windows - O2Insight Pro.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I discovered this earlier today, too, and I started panicking! Don't worry, your original data files are still there.

Here's what I found. Note that I use a Macintosh, so the following paths are for the Mac; if you are on a PC, your data will be in a different location.

Previous folder (my data dates are 21 Aug 2020 to 05 Jan 2022)

/Users/[user_name]/Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2_Insight_Pro

New folder (folder created 08 Jan 2022 with data files 05 Jan 2022 - 07 Jan 2022)
/Users/[user_name] /Library/Containers/com.viatom.O2PCViewer-BLE/Data/Library/Application Support/O2 Insight Pro

The O2_Insight_Pro.app application file on the Mac has a Modified Date of Jan 7, 2022 at 10:45 47AM. It looks like the app did an automatic update on my Mac and, when I launched it this morning, created the new data folder and started writing the data there. So the O2 Insight Pro app is no longer showing the data from the old data folder.

Note that the data folder no longer uses underscore characters but now uses space characters. See red file names in the paths above.

I found that two data files that were previously written to the old folder and were also written to the new folder today:
1. 20220105001341
2. 20220105231229

It is a major annoyance that the developer did this and did not notify their users in advance.

I wrote to Wellue this morning and asked them if they made this change.

I suspect the fix will be to simply move (or copy) the earlier data folders and files from the old location to the new location. I will post Wellue's answer when I get it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 18 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Missing data hadan 0 113 04-01-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: hadan
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 917 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 233 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 880 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 156 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 237 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.