Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WELLUE O2RING OR CMS-50F FOR OSCAR/IMAC
WELLUE O2RING OR CMS-50F FOR OSCAR/IMAC
Want to order pulse/spo2 for use with oscar and I have a apple computer. Is there a clear choice for either monitor in my situation? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WELLUE O2RING OR CMS-50F FOR OSCAR/IMAC
I use the CMS50F with my Mac.  OSCAR can direct import (using the supplied cable) directly from it.  But the other software, SpO2 Assistant, that can be used with it is Windows only.  You could always run Windows in a VM if you needed SpO2 Assistant.

Can't say about the Wellue O2 Ring
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Owning both CMS-50F and IW, as well as a Wellue SleepU, I find all to be acceptable when they are new. As time goes by, the CMS-50's display intensity diminishes to the point that it can only be seen in total darkness. The reported SpO2 values decline as well. So far the Wellue, while being more expensive, matches that of my PCP's calibrated oximeter, is easy to read, lighter, and works on multiple platforms. Wellue occasionally offers discount coupons and will periodically have a sale.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I own the cms 50f and it has worked well for the 3 months I have owned it. I can't say about longevity of it but it is the lowest price - about 75 on ebay if I remember correctly. So I could buy 2 or it could last 1/2 as long as the others that are priced about 150. Saying that, I do like the way it works, records, and displays its results. I have not had experience with the others so I can't compare them.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my CMS-50's for a little over 5 years. They started "washing out" after the first year. I hope the newer models have overcome this problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Wellue Checkme Sucks & CTD Brewskie 3 446 01-18-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Wellue Checkme O2 & OSCAR Brewskie 4 420 01-15-2024, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 489 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  o2ring not detected by PC goku 10 3,288 12-15-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Watchpat vs Wellue disagreement? lisaistired 10 828 11-16-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: lisaistired
  Should I be skeptical of this Wellue data? jocelyn 10 940 09-25-2023, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jocelyn
  [Equipment] OSCAR Question: AHI Score from Wellue ring not showing phoenixsaga 10 1,167 09-12-2023, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.