Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WINTER COMING....POWER OUTAGES???
WINTER COMING....POWER OUTAGES???
New CPAP user. Been looking for information about battery backup for winter power outages here in Maine. Seems like there is a lithium ion battery pack available for my machine but it costs hundreds of dollars!! Yikes! Did I miss a lower cost alternative? Any ideas?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WINTER COMING....POWER OUTAGES???
Hi Giftofsleep

There have been quite a few threads about backup power systems over the years. Just use the search tool at the top of this page and search for "backup power" or "battery backup" and you'll find dozens of ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WINTER COMING....POWER OUTAGES???
A frequent subject here. There are many ways to attack the problem.
The search function will bring up many threads. Most people rig up their own solution.
This thread was very popular: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ckup-setup
as is this one: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ery-backup

I just went to search at the top of the page and entered battery as my search term; limited my search to titles and the main forum; plus requested it to display results as threads.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 123 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,904 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,462 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 250 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,757 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Question [News] RESMED CHANGES COMING? srlevine1 6 1,047 12-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.