Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WIZARD 220 FULL FACE MASK
WIZARD 220 FULL FACE MASK
Does anyone on this forum, or in Australia for that matter use a Wizard 220 full face mask?

I have not found one single member on the UK. USA and Aus CPAP forums mention the Wizard masks.

I have had the Wizard 220 for a month and now the silicone pillow slips out of its groove which is supposed to keep it in place. The problem I see, is that the groove on the plastic mask is very shallow and thus cannot give enough grip to keep the pillow in place.

From the web the masks made by Fischer and Paykel and Phillips Respironics appear to be sturdier.

Can any Wizard user please give me feedback on their experienceDont-know?

Thanks,

IainWink

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WIZARD 220 FULL FACE MASK
Hi Iain, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't heard of that particular mask, but that's not surprising, given that there are quite a few of them out there.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Iain, I moved your thread to the Main Forum. This way it is seen by the most people.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Iain and welcome to ApneaBoard
The Wizzard made by Apex (CPAP Chinese manufacturer), most use either ResMed, Philips Respironcis or Fisher Paykel masks
There is some info here http://www.apexmedicalcorp.com/index.php...obal&n=106

Masks quite expensive in Australia, I get my supplies delivered from Supplier #10 (Supplier #2 ship to Australia too)
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Post Reply Post Reply
Ian,

I am currently using the Wizard 220 Full Face Mask:thumbs-up- However, I cannot say that I have experienced that. Have you tried switching out the cushions or mask frame? I believe they sell them separately, but am not a hundred percent sure. Finally, do go onto their website and perhaps they will be able to assist you. Although the manufacturer is from Taiwan, I did see they have both a European and North America presence.

Good Luck!Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
After viewing the Wizard 220 on the APEX web site, I couldn't help noticing the design is very similar to the F&P Simplus that I am currently using. I suppose the differences from one mask to another are subtle though...profound observation. Anyway, the Simplus seals very efficiently except when pushed aside by the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
I bought my 220 on Amazon for about $100. I have used it for about a month and it's the only mask I've ever tried so have nothing else to compare it too. What I have found are the following:
1. It's very tight fitting and forms a great seal when adjusted properly.
2. After it's been on awhile (2hrs) it begins to slide around my face a little and then the seal get compromised.
3. The head gear works fine and is comfortable.
4. The forehead pad helps keep it in place to a point.
5. I've notice the bridge of my nose is quite sore after using the mask.

Because I have no other mask to compare fit too, I would say it does the job.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought one on Ebay without consulting my sleep therapist a while back as a back up for when I experience nasal congestion and it hinders the use of my usual Wisp Nasal Mask, can't say it was a wise choice at all, had continual leakage problems along with the fact it's design played havoc with the bridge of my nose [sore]. My therapist recommended I try the Amara View FFM with it's unique under the nose cushion set up for those times when I experience nasal congestion and have found it to be exceptionally good, virtually no leakage and very comfortable....and no more soreness on the bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to use this mask during my trials of an Apex ICH auto machine. It had a better seal compared to the Wisp (with plastic headgear). However, just like what was posted earlier, my nose bridge gets sore easily with this mask compared to the wisp.

I am now over a month with my current machine (560) and after bumping up my pressure, seems like I might have to try the wizard mask again since I am getting awaken by the physical air leaks with the high pressure + wisp combo.

By the way, I got the Wizard mask for free when I bought an Apex travel machine which alos serves as my backup.

Just wanted to share.

Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,586 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 396 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.