Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WOW!! Just realized that CPAP has nearly put an end to my horrid heartburn and reflux
Exclaimation 
WOW!! Just realized that CPAP has nearly put an end to my horrid heartburn and reflux
Good morning everyone. Hope you slept well!! I'm still working to get adjusted to my CPAP, but I think it's going pretty well, compared to a lot of stories I've read.

Has anyone else noticed a HUGE decrease in their heartburn and reflux? I am absolutely thrilled by this!! Even taking medication for it, I still had severe symptoms, and now they are gone! YIPPEEEEE!!!! like
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WOW!! Just realized that CPAP has nearly put an end to my horrid heartburn and reflux
Yes, I suffered with acid reflux for a few years, and not much helped. I wasn't even thinking about relief from it when I started Cpap, but after the first week I didn't notice it anymore, along with lower blood pressure, and no more morning headaches.

Those things alone can motivate one to keep on pappin.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WOW!! Just realized that CPAP has nearly put an end to my horrid heartburn and reflux
Absolutely!!! That was certainly miserable... I love saying 'was' Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
It used to be part of my nightly regiment. Two acetaminophen, 1 ranitidine. Now I skip the rinit.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kyhmm72,
It’s great to hear that you're doing so well with CPAP therapy and that you have had such good results with it getting rid of your heartburn.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great news.. It sure is enlightening to hear about a enthusiastic response to CPAP therapy.. Thumbs-up-2
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
i have not noticed it, but I take Rabeprazole daily. In a couple of weeks I will try tapering off of it. I'd be really happy if CPAP also got me off of a prescription med. Thanks for the idea!
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP also essentially eliminated my night time acid reflux, almost from the night I began it. That was a great bonus to a great therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings kyhmm72,

SO glad you the XPAP is giving you relief besides helping with your sleep apnea.

Unfortunately, the APAP has not helped my hubby with his GERD.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 07:32 AM)kyhmm72 Wrote: Has anyone else noticed a HUGE decrease in their heartburn and reflux?

Yes, me too. I'm so happy for us! What changed?

I just completed an esophageal Ph probe test that verified my OA events coincide with reflux events, particularly during REM cycle peak relaxation. Basically, the lungs keep working through OA. When they can't pull in air... They vacuum up reflux instead. When CPAP or AutoPAP eliminates the esophageal vacuum pressure, no more reflux. An excellent and simple book explaining this is Interrupted Sleep by Stephen Park MD. Highly recommended.

(04-01-2016, 07:32 AM)kyhmm72 Wrote: Has anyone else noticed a HUGE decrease in their heartburn and reflux?

Yes, me too. I'm so happy for us! What changed?

I just completed an esophageal Ph probe test that verified my OA events coincide with reflux events, particularly during REM cycle peak relaxation. Basically, the lungs keep working through OA. When they can't pull in air... They vacuum up reflux instead. When CPAP or AutoPAP eliminates the esophageal vacuum pressure, no more reflux. An excellent and simple book explaining this is Interrupted Sleep by Stephen Park MD. Highly recommended.
Okay
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vagus nerve stimulation, central apneas, reflux and hiatal hernia could be related? weiss27md 9 1,551 03-15-2021, 11:08 PM
Last Post: JoeyWallaby
  CPAP, ear problems, and acid reflux Reznik 5 1,612 08-22-2019, 07:01 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  Just realized I was sent a used machine.... dneal12 9 1,551 04-20-2019, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Just realized there is no SD card in new machine.. what to do? Janieprint 10 7,066 04-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP and Gastric Reflux cams290 25 4,786 12-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Solar Rays
  Doctors say it is not reflux, what could it be? Dolla Bill 22 8,920 12-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Last Post: archangle
  [CPAP] New User - Bloating, Gas, diarrhea, reflux hatbox 7 4,044 09-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Esq.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.