Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WOW, Sleepyhead telling me AHI ZERO
WOW, Sleepyhead telling me AHI ZERO
Very excited, my numbers are consistently great. Over the weekend my AHI numbers were ZERO, The leaks were only 2.0, I think I have found my magic number, as this has been consistent for at least a week now. Amazing going from a setting of 17 that the tech told me I needed, then going down to 8 with my doctors permission, new nasal pillow and I think I am good. My AHI at 17 was 10.62.

Feeling very blessed, hope it continues.
RE: WOW, Sleepyhead telling me AHI ZERO
Hi Marnid2014,
Good to hear that you are having such GREAT results, keep up the good work and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Congratulations!!! That is really fun, isn't it?

(I found my 2nd 0.0 on Sunday night, but it was a 'short sleep session', only 6 hours, so not sure that it counts. Smile -- my first 0.0 was even shorter when I stayed in a motel and the bed was very uncomfortable.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
If you get an AHI of 0.0 for two nights in a row, unplug the machine from the wall, wait a minute, and plug it back in.

Resmed machines sometimes, not often, have this bug where they get stuck at 0.

And remember, the goal is not to get 0.0. The goal is to get anything less than 5. Sure, the lower it is the better, but since no two nights are the same, it's impossible to reach for a specific numerical goal and expect to hit it every night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(03-10-2014, 09:54 AM)herbm Wrote: Congratulations!!! That is really fun, isn't it?

(I found my 2nd 0.0 on Sunday night, but it was a 'short sleep session', only 6 hours, so not sure that it counts. Smile -- my first 0.0 was even shorter when I stayed in a motel and the bed was very uncomfortable.)

LOL, my sleeping time has been averaging about 8 hours, so I am a thrilled with the results.
If the S9 Elite is capable of showing you the night's AHI with its on-screen display, I would check that and compare to the SleepyHead data. I have seen where SleepyHead's AHI numbers are significantly less than what the machine's on-screen display reports for the same night.
Last nights reading was 0.53, so it was not zero 2 nights in a row. My AHI has been running as follows: The leak rates have been very low as well. I am using a nasal pillow and I pin the sides into my hair and it does not move when I move. I sleep on my side

How do you access the menu to see the card in the machine?

Is the bug with the DATA or with the machine's SUMMARIES of the data?

In other words, if you stick it into Rescan do you get the correct numbers or does it stay stuck on 0.0 also?

Does SleepyHead see the events?
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
(03-10-2014, 11:36 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you get an AHI of 0.0 for two nights in a row, unplug the machine from the wall, wait a minute, and plug it back in.

Paula02 speaks truth. I got hit with this myself. I had a zero night, and then the next night it was zero again, and again the next night. I know I'm damn good, but not that good. So I unplugged the machine to force it to reboot. No more zero nights after that. Thinking-about
(03-10-2014, 05:51 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(03-10-2014, 11:36 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you get an AHI of 0.0 for two nights in a row, unplug the machine from the wall, wait a minute, and plug it back in.

Paula02 speaks truth. I got hit with this myself. I had a zero night, and then the next night it was zero again, and again the next night. I know I'm damn good, but not that good. So I unplugged the machine to force it to reboot. No more zero nights after that. Thinking-about

I downloaded the actual RESMED software and this is the summary, so I think both match quite well??????? Anyone??? I will reset the machine just in case however.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User - What is the data telling me? kcw196 25 2,522 09-13-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: kcw196
Question What are these numbers telling me? cobradoc 8 1,769 06-30-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: cobradoc
  Locating leak? Telling difference between exhaust and ? TheManseHen 7 3,282 01-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.