Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WOW, Sleepyhead telling me AHI ZERO
RE: WOW, Sleepyhead telling me AHI ZERO
+1 what Herb said.

I put mine on and then use smiley face to make sure they are sitting in the right position and leak free, then switch the machine to run and I almost never have to touch the pillows again till get up time.
(03-10-2014, 11:10 PM)herbm Wrote: Maybe we are talking about different kinds of pillows, but I would say the Airfit P10 pillows expand A LITTLE and thus by getting a little larger JUST inside the entrance form a seal between pillow and the interior walls of your nose near the opening.

You can feel them expand and they are must more difficult to remove and reposition when the air is on.

Fitting with air off is easy, but that expansion of the air can cause them to be "almost too big" to position correctly without turning off the air.

This is part of my reason for avoiding "fidgeting or fussing" with the pillows as much as possible.

Hi Herb,
I am waiting for Swift FX to arrive. Since I ordered it I have been reading about you and your Airfit so thought I would order one of those as well, then Paula just mentioned the Nuance Pro, so I am gathering all the info I am able on both before I make final decision. I felt really happy about the Airfit, but I am liking the sound of the Nuance because it doesn't go inside my nose. I might get both and see how I go.
What i would really like is a review from someone that has tried both.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Hi Gabby, I used the Swift FX nasal pillows for 2 weeks and was very happy with them, now I have been using the P10 with equal success for 2 weeks, but hands down the P10 is superior IMHO, I mostly don't even know I have it on after 20 mins or so, plus I like how easy it is to disassemble/reassemble when cleaning. I don't know why but the flimsy looking strap works very well, I think that the strap may be a weak spot and I should order a spare, even though no one else seems to have had a problem with them.
(03-10-2014, 11:42 PM)comatose Wrote: Hi Gabby, I used the Swift FX nasal pillows for 2 weeks and was very happy with them, now I have been using the P10 with equal success for 2 weeks, but hands down the P10 is superior IMHO, I mostly don't even know I have it on after 20 mins or so, plus I like how easy it is to disassemble/reassemble when cleaning. I don't know why but the flimsy looking strap works very well, I think that the strap may be a weak spot and I should order a spare, even though no one else seems to have had a problem with them.
Cheers Comatose, thankyou for that review. it really helps hearing people's personal stories. I think I will go ahead and order the P10 as it was my first choice and I have read excellent reviews about it. I just thought I could save on shipping if I ordered both. Ordering from the U.S. I am able to get about five masks for the price of one here, it's ridiculous isn't it?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
(03-11-2014, 12:04 AM)Gabby Wrote: Cheers Comatose, thankyou for that review. it really helps hearing people's personal stories. I think I will go ahead and order the P10 as it was my first choice and I have read excellent reviews about it. I just thought I could save on shipping if I ordered both. Ordering from the U.S. I am able to get about five masks for the price of one here, it's ridiculous isn't it?

Ridiculous you reckon, my offline language is slightly more profuse Grin

The masks appear to be manufactured in NSW Australia, shipped to the USA, then we buy them back from there at half the price that we would be charged here, lol, us Aussies must be a bunch of fools for putting up with this sort of thing. Petrol and LPG prices really make my blood boil.
Remember when we say that the P10 goes inside the nose we mean ONLY A LITTLE,
and this is part of the reason it is SO SECURE with so LITTLE head band and such small pressure against the face.

I believe the Pilairo Q inflates around the outer part of the nose a bit for security and seal, so that is another way to go, but likely it is the only thing that really is in the same class as the Airfit P10 (from my limited experience but MOSTLY FROM READING every discussion on 3 boards about these pillow masks.)

Vendor #1's deal is hard to beat if you are paying yourself or can turn in the receipt to the insurance for full policy value.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
(03-11-2014, 12:14 AM)comatose Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 12:04 AM)Gabby Wrote: Cheers Comatose, thankyou for that review. it really helps hearing people's personal stories. I think I will go ahead and order the P10 as it was my first choice and I have read excellent reviews about it. I just thought I could save on shipping if I ordered both. Ordering from the U.S. I am able to get about five masks for the price of one here, it's ridiculous isn't it?

Ridiculous you reckon, my offline language is slightly more profuse Grin

The masks appear to be manufactured in NSW Australia, shipped to the USA, then we buy them back from there at half the price that we would be charged here, lol, us Aussies must be a bunch of fools for putting up with this sort of thing. Petrol and LPG prices really make my blood boil.
Really, are the masks made her? I thought they were made in China, which I thought was bad enough, but the fact they are made here and we are expected to pay these exorbitant prices. No way, would I pay it. As I said I am able to source five for the price of one. There is nothing to them, I wouldn't mind if there was something to the mask, but they are so simple. Grrrr.... It makes me so angry.
You are right, don't get us started on petrol and LPG!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
(03-11-2014, 12:40 AM)Gabby Wrote: Really, are the masks made her? I thought they were made in China, which I thought was bad enough, but the fact they are made here and we are expected to pay these exorbitant prices. No way, would I pay it. As I said I am able to source five for the price of one. There is nothing to them, I wouldn't mind if there was something to the mask, but they are so simple. Grrrr.... It makes me so angry.

Here is the user manual for the P10 Gabby, http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf

Read the bottom of the last page. Who knows? Maybe they are made are made in China and they just don't mention that.
(03-11-2014, 12:48 AM)comatose Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 12:40 AM)Gabby Wrote: Really, are the masks made her? I thought they were made in China, which I thought was bad enough, but the fact they are made here and we are expected to pay these exorbitant prices. No way, would I pay it. As I said I am able to source five for the price of one. There is nothing to them, I wouldn't mind if there was something to the mask, but they are so simple. Grrrr.... It makes me so angry.

Here is the user manual for the P10 Gabby, http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf

Read the bottom of the last page. Who knows? Maybe they are made are made in China and they just don't mention that.
Thanks very much Comatose!

Yes it doesn't really say where it is made. My last ResMed said it was made in China, through ResMed operations in Singapore. It said all of that on the bag.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
I will have to check out that mask as well, I am always looking for something smaller that will do the job.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User - What is the data telling me? kcw196 25 2,575 09-13-2020, 08:45 PM
Last Post: kcw196
Question What are these numbers telling me? cobradoc 8 1,788 06-30-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: cobradoc
  Locating leak? Telling difference between exhaust and ? TheManseHen 7 3,300 01-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.