Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WTH? Last night something happened that caused my machine to shut itself off?
RE: WTH? Last night something happened that caused my machine to shut itself off?
Honestly, I think it's the autostart/stop function. I don't know about yours, but mine seems to be just one single setting (i.e. I can't turn on autostart but not autostop).

From the first chart, it's seem that it thought you weren't breathing for so long that it switched off. And that, exactly, is WHY I have mine turned off. I've had apneas lasting as long as 90 seconds before now, as well as one every week or two over 60 seconds, and almost every day one over or near 30 seconds. Apparently, the timeframe for autostop to kick in is 30 seconds. I do NOT want to risk my machine turning off during the WORST apneas of the night.

I think that you were, in fact, having the pillows pinched shut and maybe breathing around them and so it decided you weren't using it. I no doubt suspect that the same happened the last time, too. I've seem a bunch of people over the years saying they have random breaks in their charts (and OSCAR tends to combine sessions that are very close to each other into one) so it looks like it just dropped out some of the data. But in reality, your machine probably turned itself off.

I'd turn off the autostart/stop function, and I doubt you'll see it happen again (but it definitely sounds like the P30 isn't for you, either, or the size maybe is wrong). I feel your pain finding a good mask is SUCH a pain in the rear.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WTH? Last night something happened that caused my machine to shut itself off?
Doesn't these ResMed PAPs allow Auto Start/Stop or I want to say Ramp? There's something there that's an either or....
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes to both. Ramp is meant to ramp up the pressure gradually over a period of time (or when it thinks you're asleep) as just a comfort thing just at the start of the therapy session, and yes, SmartStart is the autostart/stop function. I just checked in my clinical menu and it's only a single on/off option. In the clinician menu and in the regular options menu, it turns it on or off. There is no separate setting for start and stop in my (UK based) Resmed 10 Autoset. So unless it's different in the US menu, it's a case of all or nothing with autostart/stop
Post Reply Post Reply
I know off topic Dave-ism

Funny but I barely used any ResMed other than ASV level. I got one night in on an AutoSet and it's collecting dust while waiting on DME to get it. Just saying, the common PAPs most forum users have, I've no clue on using. Next stop for me is an NIV.

Back to regularly scheduled program. Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's okay, I relying on you for when I hopefully get mine. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
ASV is actually maybe easier to setup IMO. Mode, EPAP range, PS range. Then humidity and hose temp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine isn't failing. The problem is that "smartstart" should also be called stupidstop.

You are not the only person to run into this issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice comment Geer1. That sounds like what I'd say, stupidstop. Virtual coffee to ya.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to say that this feature worked so well on my S9 and is the "problem child" on my A10s.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just goes to prove there's differences in PAPs, that generational changes do crop up. Could be worse, this could be the Respironics nerf foam fiasco.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Y no photos of mask-caused "sores" on the www? nelsonka 1 378 12-15-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  High amount of central apnea caused by OSA? LiaASV 32 2,435 12-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,128 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Cervical collar caused more centrals? Xeros 4 1,086 10-31-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 987 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 555 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.