Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

WTH? Last night something happened that caused my machine to shut itself off?
RE: WTH? Last night something happened that caused my machine to shut itself off?
Maybe my AutoSet dust collector is special. Or maybe my simulated power outage wasn't long enough. About 30 seconds "off".
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WTH? Last night something happened that caused my machine to shut itself off?
I tried power outage with mine. It doesn't matter if smartstart is on or off, the machine powers back on and starts a new session at min pressure (I faked a couple apnea first to raise pressure before testing).
Post Reply Post Reply
Well seems that answers the question - yes, the machine powers back up but no, it doesn't continue at the previous pressure. Honestly, that's super reassuring, especially considering I've started taping my mouth to use pillows for a while until my sore nose heals.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2021, 01:19 AM)Geer1 Wrote: I tried power outage with mine. It doesn't matter if smartstart is on or off, the machine powers back on and starts a new session at min pressure (I faked a couple apnea first to raise pressure before testing).

Yikes -- then I guess my May 23rd 3:01:36 - 3:03:53 drop out

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=32473

is still at freaky weird?

Just eyeballing that picture, it looks to me like I was having basically a many-minutes-long hypopnea that completely overwhelmed the machine's detection ability -- does that look like what others are seeing?

I definitely had leaks, but the machine was scoring the leaks at approx 8-12, and the algorithm is supposed to be able to still function at lower levels of leak.

There is SOMETHING about the machine's algorithm that made it come back online after the gap with the pressure still pegged at 15 rather than going back to the minimum of 7 -- yet it didn't score this as any sort of anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be as simple as a write error to SD card.

As mentioned I would turn off smartstart to remove one of the variables, it won't be near as hard to convert to pressing the button as you think.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll add that at least just try without smart start for a few days or so. If it did this glitch without that on, as Geer1 says, a variable is removed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SD Cards are cheap. Copy your card’s data onto a new card and use the new card for a while. See if the gremlins come back or stay away.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I only saw the gremlin that one time... Without a way to reproduce it, tinkering with settings tells us nothing.

(Back when I noticed the single case of positional apnea in 3 weeks of data, before I understood it as positional apnea I simply assumed it was something wrong with the settings but didn't know what. It was another 4 months before I understood what it was and that it had nothing to do with settings at all.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn't aware that it was shutting off during my sleep session. It was only after I had loaded the data into OSCAR did I see the intermittent reporting. After turning off the Smart-Start feature, I've never experienced the phenomenon again.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Case solved!

Leave smartstart on if you want to you have only been interrupted by this once so far so seems to be infrequent. If your machine keeps turning off then you can try turning smartstart off to confirm if it is the issue. 

If not the issue then probably power (either house or power supply) or machine but those are less likely.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Y no photos of mask-caused "sores" on the www? nelsonka 1 378 12-15-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  High amount of central apnea caused by OSA? LiaASV 32 2,435 12-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,138 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Cervical collar caused more centrals? Xeros 4 1,086 10-31-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 987 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 555 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.